Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Sct cleaning service

Hi all

As title I want to get my sct cleaned as there is a bit of light moisture residue and a finger mark on the front lense.

Anyone know a shop the offers a cleaning service in the west London/ Berkshire area?

I'm just really worried I will just make matters worse. I have asked a local shop who have asked for pictures to assess if it needs cleaning, so will see what they say.

Is it really that simple to clean then?

It is that simple to clean, yes. Even simpler would be to leave it alone because it will have precisely no effect whatever on the view. Does a large secondary mirror bang in the middle of the light path wreck the view? So what chance a fingerprint? Relax!

Olly

I think this is what the shop was getting at, plus I took it out Saturday night and the views were good.

On another note can anyone suggest the best thing to remove dust, as I used canned air and it left some residue

Did mine yesterday with Baader wonder fluid and cloth.  It was minging.  It is now spotless.  Dust blower and soft brush followed by baader stuff.  Easy.

Archived