SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Product Manuals Lack of Info

Seems any time I get into something new, Big learning curve just due to lack of info on mfg. part. Just got a new Celestron CG-5 mount. Installing Polar Scope, sure would have been nice if was told right at beginning to remove housing of existing polar scope, (which is no longer made by the way). Any way, glad forums like this and internet are here. Been reading up on updating software ware and firmware, still not 100% sure of what am doing and I work with computers for a living. Guess what am saying is Thanks to you all who have made the time to help us out that are still learning here. Now back to the manuals, have a get day all.

Manuals will only confuse you, I have an iIOptron mount  with a battery in the handbox, no mention of it in the manual, and if anyone can figure out the time of day settings they're a better man (woman) than me, Meade is the same all sorts of stuff not mentioned in the manual.

Dave

Catch is I have seen and answered posts that say "The manual doesn't mention anything about XXX!!!!!"

However a quick read of the online manual will often describe exactly what the "problem" was that the poster could not see.

Aligning is a good one:

"There is no description of how to align the scope".

Every time there is a chapter titled Alignment.

Usually between 3 to 5 pages of information on aligning the scope.

The Supatrak keypad is another.

I know how to change the rate setting in a Supatrak, I have however never owned one, do not even own a Celestron/Skywatcher, and personally know no-one that has one. But from all the cries about the manual's lack of information I still know how to do it. I think it is page 9-11 of the manual.

I hate the Celestron Manuals. They are not in the least bit helpful. I think they are written by people who have a clear understanding of things and automatically assume that everyone else does as well. I have spent ages trawling through my Celestron manuals in the past in the vain attempt of understanding them.

You are not alone.

Catch is I have seen and answered posts that say "The manual doesn't mention anything about XXX!!!!!"

However a quick read of the online manual will often describe exactly what the "problem" was that the poster could not see.

I can assure you there is no mention of the handbox battery in the iOptron manual, I only discovered it had one from posts on the iOptron forum.

Also the Meade manual has great swathes of information missing.

Dave 

I can assure you there is no mention of the handbox battery in the iOptron manual, I only discovered it had one from posts on the iOptron forum.

Also the Meade manual has great swathes of information missing.

Dave 

Where exactly does this battery fit...?

To be fair, if you want instructions on "XXX" I recommend the Kama Sutra, or at least, would suggest, that particular observation was not in mind when the purpose of the equipment was defined and the manual written :)

Archived