Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

EQtooth question

I'm aware you can buy these for either the eq6 or eq5 but as I've got one for my NEQ6 I'm hoping I can get an adapter that would allow me to use it with my HEQ5 as well. Does anyone know if one exists and can point me too it. Much appreciated ;)

This ???

http://www.scopeyard.com/eqtooth

Says HEQ5, doesn't seem to say EQ5 which you do.

Reading it it sounds af if the 2 mounts have different units, which would imply that the connectors and/or pins are different. Otherwise I would have said that EQMOD simply used different gear ratios in order to control the mounts. I recall that the Meade ETX-90 handset can be used on the ETX-70 simply by altering the numbers of teeth that the handset thinks each drive has. So would have thought similar for this.

They come in two flavours :) Eq6 and Eq5 in terms of the connector. What I'm looking for is a female D connect to the RJ45 so I can connect the EQ6 9-way Dtype connector on the EQtooth cable to the RJ45 connector on the HEQ5 that way I can use the EQtooth on both mounts :D

The normal handset can be used on either mount with the correct cable to I'm assuming the EQtooth will as well so long as I can find an adapter to connect to the other mount

Archived