Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Free OU Course-'Moons'

SteveNickolls

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've just caught up after a week away. I found this week a little trickier as I always have trouble remembering the sciency names of rocks and things. Also I made a daft mistake with the half life question so I'm actually quite relieved to get 21/24 this week.

Hi fellow Moon students, i am on week 8, so if anyone needs assistance on week 5-7 tests just let me know. I got 100% for week 7, and 96% for weeks 4-6. I love this course. I would recommend the other course "The Discovery of the Higgs Boson", it was fabulous as well. The coursera courses are brilliant as well, and are free. I am doing one from Caltech on coursera, called "The Science of the Solar System", which is brilliant. Prof Mike Brown is the lecturer on that one. He discovered Eris the minor planet that got Pluto demoted.

Best Wishes

Mad astro girl

Week 8 !!!! can you do them in advance then ?

Yes you can do them in advance if you want. This is the first course of this type i have managed to be so far ahead with. I am way behind with the CalTech one though, due to doing S207 The Physical World, 60 point OU physics course as well as all the free courses, so that is why I have to try and get ahead and finish the moons one. There are others who are ahead as well like me.

Yes you can do them in advance if you want. This is the first course of this type i have managed to be so far ahead with. I am way behind with the CalTech one though, due to doing S207 The Physical World, 60 point OU physics course as well as all the free courses, so that is why I have to try and get ahead and finish the moons one. There are others who are ahead as well like me.

I have just done week 6 with top marks, I may do week 7 later tonight :smiley:

Thank you, I didn't realise this was an option.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi fellow Moon students, i am on week 8, so if anyone needs assistance on week 5-7 tests just let me know. I got 100% for week 7, and 96% for weeks 4-6. I love this course. I would recommend the other course "The Discovery of the Higgs Boson", it was fabulous as well. The coursera courses are brilliant as well, and are free. I am doing one from Caltech on coursera, called "The Science of the Solar System", which is brilliant. Prof Mike Brown is the lecturer on that one. He discovered Eris the minor planet that got Pluto demoted.

Best Wishes

Mad astro girl

I'm taking the CalTech course with Mike Brown as well. I've really enjoyed both courses. I actually did week 8 of the moons class while it was still technically week 7.

Archived