SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Free OU Course-'Moons'

SteveNickolls

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a really busy week next week and am away for half of it, I wonder if it matters if I don;t complete week 3 in week 3 but it slips to week 4.

All OK.

What happens if I miss a week?

FutureLearn is designed to be flexible, so you can learn at your own pace. If you’re too busy to study the course material one week, don’t worry – you can catch up and complete those steps next time you sign in.

I tend to jot down notes on the salient points/facts as I go (with a pen and paper) ;)

Did anyone else find the 'Guess the Surface Gravity' quiz completely pointless?

All in all a great free course, looking forward to week 3.

Although how anyone can sensibly and seriously get through this in only 3 hours per week is beyond me.

I'm at about 9hrs P/W and I don't participate in the discussion threads.

I guess that like everything else it is a question of how much time I need to put in to get the most out.

Cheers,

Richard

Did anyone else find the 'Guess the Surface Gravity' quiz completely pointless?

Richard

I did! Completely and utterly pointless... I'm glad it wasn't just me, I thought maybe I'd completely missed the point :D Really enjoying it, generally takes me 4 hours and I don't bother to participate in the discussions as I realised after reading a couple of them I got absolutely zilch from them!!  

Just finished week 3 as away for a few days so had to get it in quick, this week was harder on memory for sure, I dropped 1 point again, had to really think about what I had read or watched to pull the answers out. Still spent as many hours just crammed it in over 3 days.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived