Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

If money were no object.....

Dreadz

I am stunned at how expensive statics are these days.

I am stunned that anybody with a hypothetical £100 MILLION in the bank would opt for a static caravan.  

No offence to static fans, you understand.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I reckon 2 or 3 nights on SGL would return the bank balance to more familiar territory - though there would be an enourmous number of parcels to be unwrapped over the following months ;)

typed on my mobile with Tapatalk

I am stunned that anybody with a hypothetical £100 MILLION in the bank would opt for a static caravan.  

No offence to static fans, you understand.

As the saying goes, money is a little like oxygen: unimportant if you have enough, desperately important if you don't.

Personally, I couldn't spend £100 million usefully on my own behalf, most things I actually want are fairly cheap.

So what would most of you do with the £99 million change?  :smiley:

I have four siblings, they would get a very generous gift apiece, plus some very worthwhile charity's would gain from a big win, and i would most definitely tell my boss to.....well you know what i would like to type  

Perhaps those people aren't materialistic...

Well said, why not have a nice new static as a weekend retreat, no stairs for my creaking knee`s, would make a great base for astro work, hey if i did not have my daughter living at home i would be happy to live in a static full time

As the saying goes, money is a little like oxygen: unimportant if you have enough, desperately important if you don't.

Personally, I couldn't spend £100 million usefully on my own behalf, most things I want are fairly cheap.

Most "normal" people couldn't either. Its only if you develop super expensive tastes that you would find £100,000,000 a bit stingy...

The super-rich could blow £100M in an afternoon:

http://www.bornrich.com/bono.html#yachts

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2110341/Kirsty-Bertarelli-yacht-Britains-richest-woman-takes-delivery-100m-superyacht.html

(please forgive me for linking to a Daily Wail article.....)

Patek-Henry-Graves-Supercomplication-300

^^There you go. An $11 million watch :Envy: :Envy: :eek: :eek: :eek:   http://www.bornrich.com/most-expensive-watch-ever-sold-at-auction-the-henry-graves-supercomplication-11-million.html

T

Perhaps those people aren't materialistic...

Personally, I couldn't spend £100 million usefully on my own behalf, most things I actually want are fairly cheap.

Hmmmmmm . . . . forum backpedalling . . . In the words of George Best "I spent a lot of money on birds, booze and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."   :smiley:

So, if you woke up this Saturday more than £100million richer what would you be purchasing for yr dream obsy?

My first thought would be, where the hell has this come from? .. Mainly because I don't do the lotteries.

My 2nd thought would I am pretty sure be a million miles away from astronomy lol.

Archived