SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Sorry another M81/M82

jnc71106

Hi all

this is still a WIP as its my project for the next month or so and at the mo its made up of 6 hrs in LRGB and H-Alpha

the IFN is starting to come through and if i really go to town on the data then its clearly visible but the noise is heavy due to lack of data so for now less is more until i've spent some more time under the stars and gone long on the subs

after a lot of head scratching (LRGB isn't something i've done a lot of) i came up with this version which i am happy with, when i have got the longer subs then i will push it more

80mm Lomo and Atik 314L

6 min subs LRGB

10 min subs Ha

6 hrs in total

post-11849-0-70420000-1394740686_thumb.p

full size can be seen here http://tokolosheastro.weebly.com/wip.html

thanks for looking

Very good Jake, you have the colours spot on. The Ha is popping nicely.

I have always struggled to process images with both these galaxies in as they require different processing techniques, you have made it look easy, how did you cope with that?

Very good Jake, you have the colours spot on. The Ha is popping nicely.

I have always struggled to process images with both these galaxies in as they require different processing techniques, you have made it look easy, how did you cope with that?

thanks John, your right in that they do require different processes. This was processed in pixinsight and with a carefully created mask i protected everything but M82 then used HDR wavelets which i'm not a huge fan of in general and don't really use it but in this case it worked well and didn't leave me with that artificial flat look you can get when using wavelets

Archived