Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Betelgeuse

davefrance

As a matter of interest this image is the 10" newt, it has the spikes and the images is flipped left to right which the SCT doesn't do, but they both flip top to bottom, somebody in the know will be along to say thats right or wrong...:)

Beteguase800-30-newt.jpg

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
and what we would actually see

and in what sequence

Yep, me too,

which is why I had hoped an astrophysywhatsit or three might have joined us in my hydrogen > neon burning thoughts

, , , ,

It seems (to me !) that there is a considerable increase of temperature during each phase of 'burning'

dunno if that is at the surfce or in the core though :(

nor what the size of it would be, and therefore the irradience at us

, , , hmmm, would someone like to go along and knock on the door of one of those GravityWave from the BigBang types

and get them to come down here to the really important stuf ?

harhar :)

:(

Me, I think you would see a very bright star even in day time, this like other SN would linger and dim over the next couple of months,as the light takes close to 500Ly's (Stellarium figure) any nasty stuff radiation ect which i don't think travels at the speed of light, even if it hopped along at 75% speed wise it would not get here  125 years after the light did, something even new born babies would not have to worry about, well that my thoughts on the matter... :)

Archived