Narrowband

Help with getting started in Astro Photography

I  have a Skyhawk - 1145p 114mm telescope and I recently purchased a  2 x Barlow lens and Canon EOS T2 ring to use with Canon 1100d DSLR camera.

What i didnt realise was that to attach the t2 ring to my camera i have to remove the

Canon18-55 f/3.5-5.6 DC III lens that came with it. Unless anyone knows different there seems to be no way that i can use my Canon lens and moon filters etc whilst using this setup.

is there any equipment out there that will allow me to use my Canon lens and filters and additional magnification etc, 

Any help would be appreciated.

Are you after taking images through the telescope??? or piggy backing the camera to the scope and doing wide shots of the night sky??? Does the scope have a drive/motor?? Your T ring adaptor will also need the 1.25" adaptor which screws into the T ring, then the piece goes into the scope eyepiece, ie prime focus imaging or planetary shots..........dunno if any of this helps?? Let me know.

Archived