Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_lunar_landings.thumb.jpg.b50378d0845690d8a03305a49923eb40.jpg

swag72

M51 and the tidal interaction

Stunning Sara, the colours are accurate & wonderful  :)

oh for a clear sky..... ;)

Thats a really nice image Sara, very deep with lots of detail right into the core. I would definitely keep the sct on the mount while its producing images like this :smile:

Thanks all - I can send you some of the cloud that we've got if you like? :grin:

great result Sara,

I would forget about refractor with such images, there are quite a few galaxies left there suitable for your system.

Mark

Thanks Mark and Martin - The C9.25 is on there a little while yet!!!

As others have said - wow!  That tidal nebulosity is simply awesome.  If I am totally honest, the NGC 5194 it a bit over done for my taste, but that's personal preference as I am not a huge fan of the strong cyans and blues but as I say that's personal preference and I am probably not in the mainstream with that view.

Anyway, absolutely stunning work as ever, Sara, and congrats on yet another image in Sky at Night Magazine.

Thanks Ian - An image in the S@N magazine? That's a new one on me!!! Don't know anything about that!!

Thanks Ian - An image in the S@N magazine? That's a new one on me!!! Don't know anything about that!!

Ooops - sorry to have spoilt the surprise!  Can you guess which one?!

Ooops - sorry to have spoilt the surprise!  Can you guess which one?!

Must be the orange one? Sent it to them about 5 months ago!! Haven't thought any more of it!

That is by far the best m51 I've ever seen!!!!! You must have used witch craft!!!!!

Thanks Steve and Hitesh - No witchcraft was involved in the making of this image, Scouts honour :grin: