SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Mars 12th March

U Cyg

The seeing was considerably better than it was for Jupiter, but Mars was still a bit jittery!

I did do a rgb align in Registax, but seem to have messed up the colours in PS ending up with a colour fringe at the top! 

00:59

M3b 120314 0059ut

01:49

M3b1e 120314 ZWO 014908ut

02:43

M3b1e 120314 0243ut

8" SCT, 3x barlow, extension tube, ASI120MC
Angie

Still very creditable outcomes Angie - Mars is particularly vulnerable when it comes to channel alignment issues, particularly at lower elevations! :(

Certainly worth some more playing around with and I find that Saturn responds well usually to "rgb Balance" in Registax but not so Mars a lot of the time and I personally prefer handling colour outcomes in P/shop...

I think that is a great effort Angie particularly given the low altitude of Mars. I hope I get anything as good when I have a go - still difficult here. I love comparing my images to those generated by www.calsky.com  for the time and date .

Very best regards,

Ralph

Archived