Secondhand Canon DSLR

Hi All

im interested in buying a secondhand canon to do my astrophoto's but would like to find out what would be a good one to purchase, i want to use backyard eos so would like one that would be able to use the liveveiw function for focussing, ive a budget of about 200 quid maybe stretch a bit more.

one of my choices is a 450D if anyone has used one in the past could give me an idea of performance would be appreciated

regards

john

There may be some good deals on the 1100D now as it's being discontinued.  I guess they might come down more once the 1200D is actually being delivered to people (allegedly some time this month?).

James

Hi

I picked up a Canon 550d (18MP) at London Camera Exchange for £200 (body only) so I would look there. I use it with BYE and have had no problems. I previously used a 1100d (12MP) and find the 550d much better with the extra 6MP on the sensor. If you get one from LCE you will get a worthwhile guarantee and they will have serviced it first.

Peter

Thanks for all you comments much appreciated,

i think ive got a few other idea's to maybe look & a couple websites :D before settling on anything,

i came across a 450D for £129 from wot seems a reputable website but will keep looking

regards

john

Archived