Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

photoshop wont open the autosaves

Eeyarn

hi just wondering if anyone knows why photoshop cc wont open the dss autosaves? iv upped the available memory usage to 100% in the preferences menu (iv got 8gb ram on computer but photoshop says 3255mb available). iv done a little reading online about it but don't really understand most of it, im not brilliant with computers (actually im terrible with them haha).

is this just to do with the files straight out of dss rather than memory?

also if i reopen the autosave in dss and save it as a 32bit rational that opens in photoshop but the file size increases which i thought was weird, is this going to be any better quality than the 16 bit files that i was using previously or will i not notice?

sorry if these are stupid questions. 

iain

forgot to mention i had the autosave opened once in photoshop and it was fine but when i tried opening it a second time thats when i got the error message: not enough memory (RAM)

• 10 months later...

Hi.

I had the same issue. My autosave file though worked on another machine that I did not do the stacking process on. Now it out right refuses to work on any machine. 

I prefer to use the autosave file because it contains allot more data which you can see on the thumbnails compared to the file that you manually save. 

Can anyone help???

I prefer to use the autosave file because it contains allot more data which you can see on the thumbnails compared to the file that you manually save. 

That is very interesting.  I always manually "save picture to file" as a 16bit tif.  Where did you find out about the autosave file containing more data than the manually saved file?  Perhaps that is where I've been going wrong!

Chris

Regarding your 8GB Ram, if y9ou are using 32 bit windows it will only see and use 4GB of that you need 64bit to use it all

The 3255mb memory comes form the page file windows uses, which basically means it uses a portion of your hard disk as memory,  this can cause your pc to slow down,

Archived