Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep3_banner.thumb.jpg.5533fb830ae914798f4dbbdd2c8a5853.jpg

bit more from a frosty last night

c gem pier in obsy

sct 9.25

hd 720* logitech

some colds hands and i did some other stuff will sort later but for now enjoy these close ups sit at least 3 feet away from yor monitor please to get the full beauty of the moon

pat

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By KevinPSJ
      M51. Skywatcher 150P with Nikon D3200 at prime focus. EQ3-2 mount with RA motor. Unguided. 10 x 30s subs - aligned and stacked with DSS into a 2min 30s exposure at ISO 800. Post-processed with Startools - binned, cropped, stretched and colour balanced.
      This is an updated processing of previous image posted here. 
    • By WiltsStarGazer
      Hi,
       I have been enjoying using the Celestron AstroMaster EQ90 over the last couple of weeks, mainly on the developing moon until it got too bright.
      But I got seduced by a secondhand bargain, (I hope), in the form of a Skywatcher 130/650 Newtonian on a eq2 mount with an old version of a motordrive.
      After decontamination to be allowed into the house, I've cleaned it up and was pretty pleased with the views of the Strawberry moon last night, just using the small opening in the tube cover, I'm still waiting for my moon filter to be delivered.
      I can't find much info on the scope.
      Can anyone tell me if the primary reflector would be a parabolic and if not does it matter that much.
      The primary mirror is pretty dirty, actually had a dead fly stuck on it, I carefully removed the holder and mirror and gently blew the fly off and hopefully some of the dirt with a very low powered airline.
      It's still dirty but the views of the moon and some of the stars seemed good to me. How dirty can you let the mirror get and what effect would I see to know I should clean it?
      Also the eyepiece holder is threaded on the outside at the 'top', is this for attaching a camera T ring directly to?
      Hopefully pictures will attach.
      Graceful for any advise.

• By c4llum83
      Thought people may like to see my recent custom design for my SkyWatcher Heritage 130p... 
      As a big Apollo misson geek, and not being a fan of the stock astronomer names wrap on the 130p, I decided to get creative. 
      I used a great moon wall sticker just £6 from Ikea (https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/kinnared-decoration-stickers-moon-00448463/) as well as some matt vinyl stickers from Redbubble, one for each Apollo mission patch. 
      Below is pics of the mod in progress and the end result - would love to hear what you think!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.