Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Celestron Luminos 2.5 Barlow

M4lcs67

I recently bought this an a replacement for my old Celestron Ultima 2x barlow as the Luminos is 2" whereas the Ultima is 1.25.

Tonight has been the first opportunity to try it out. Firstly the this is a premium piece of gear and oozes class. Tried it with several combinations of eyepiece and the results were very good. It worked especially well with my 36mm Hyperion Aspheric. When I tried it on the Pleiades the views were excellent. I even tried it out with my new Hyperion zoom and it did remarkably well. Obviously you have to be careful not to go mad with the mag, but it did ok and it is nice to have an extra piece of kit in the armory for when conditions are just right. 

All in all a top notch piece of gear. 

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the review. I have a wide variety of EPs of various makes and models that I've used over the years but now that I have a C8 Edge-HD VX GOTO on order from FLO and I'm thinking of updating and upgrading my collection - to that end I've been looking at the Luminos range and I like the idea of having all Celestron kit but Luminos reviews are very rare, so thanks once again for posting, much appreciated.

Archived