Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

amazing happenings tonight

teleaddict

well three strange things have ocurred to night...

1) clear skys, allowing these strange brights pin holes of light to shine from the darkness

2) I,m on my rest days allowing me to look at these unfamiliar shining objects

3) whilst sharing the viewing experience of the moon using my 200 dob (for the firsttime with clear skys since I obtained it in november) with my 6 year old son, he was completely amazed with the mountains, craters & holes. In fact he said it was so clear he just saw a little alien pop up out of one of the craters and wave to him. :shocked:

I don't know who enjoyed the viewing time the most me or him.

Although I was a bit gutted at not seeing an alien....  :grin: 

Statistically there is a greater chance of (3) then there is of (1) and (2) occuring simultaneously.

The moon is at about the best angle to the sun to get a view of the aliens at present.

When it is full all you see is the top of their heads, and that is more difficult to pick them out.

Exceptional good seeing from my part of the world also. Clear skys, no wind.

The only scope I have is the tiny heritage 130p, so I wont get those great magnifications, but tonight I could easily go to my maximum with it on the moon.

I`m using baader hyperion zoom with the 2.25 barlow so max magnification for me will be in the 180x area.

Did you take a look at jupiter as well? 

Rune

I sure did Pondus. I always make sure I get a look, if things allow. It must be its massive gravitation force which pulls myscope towards it.

I tried to get a capture of it with my xbox cam + my x2 barlow, but I gave up in the end. (I couldn't get a glimps of it via the camera & webcam)

Its great that you finally got to try out your scope, that's an awful /  agonisingly long time to have to wait not to see an alien :laugh:  I love the way kids call craters holes.

Archived