SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Celestron C10-NGT >> Baader Helical Focuser

Tinners

Does anyone know if you can buy an adaptor which will allow you to mount a Badder (T-thread - 1.25") helical focuser

directly onto the drawtube of a celectron C10-NGT . So allowing a fairly "cheap" fine focus upgrade.

I think most people would be able to find a helical focuser with a standard 1.25" nosepiece without too much effort.

I'm looking for an Adaptor which will fit the Drawtube of a standard Celestron NGT focuser and will allow me to attach a baader (T-thread to 1.25) helical focuser

for fine control. 

I dont want ...drawtube  >>  standard celestron drawtube to 1.25"  adaptor >>  1.25" to 1.24" baader helical focuser  >>  eyepiece.

but ,,, drawtube >>  UnKnown >>  baader (T-thread to 1.25") helical focuser >> eyepiece

Does that make it more clear? The silver part is the drawtube ..i would like to attactch the baadder t-thread-1.25" helical focuser directly

to the drawtube preferably without using gaffa tape....

1.25%202%20rack&pinion%20focuser261.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I have managed to remove the drawtrube adaptor ring and measure it..

It comes in two parts.

The Lower part screws into the draw trube and has an outside thread diam of 59.6mm (2 3/8") . It has two thumb screws which locks

to a plain sided dovetailed upper section. The lower section hole dia is 56.8mm and the upper section (dovetail) is 56.6mm

The rest of the upper section is solid with a 1.25" eyepiece holder.

I want to replace all this with a "59.6mm to t2" adaptor.

Would a vixen 60mm to t2 adaptor fit this? Link  

Archived