SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Horsehead, flame and a bit of mystic meg

PhilM

Anyone ever had an astro-hunch?

Last night I'm in Bristol, had a look to see what the weather back home in Hampshire would be like as I'm itching to get the new toy (I mean carefully engineered scientific instrument) out under the stars. Metcheck says it will be awful, satellite images show huge cloudy things coming from the West, look outside - Bristol is under thick cloud.

So naturally, I jump in my car and drive back to Hampshire in rush hour. What did I find when I arrived home - lovely clear skies :blob2: :D :blob4:

A hasty set-up, DSLRFocus (which is always reliable) is unreliable so the focus is a bit soft but still doesn't spoil the day and there is only one target on my mind for the first (imaging) light of this new scope...

Burgess Optical 91mm triplet with modded Canon 350d

10 x 5min @ iso 800 and then the clouds ploughed over. Not enough data but better than I had a few hours before :D

Hopefully as I get to grips with this some good things might be on the way :lol:

Now where did I put that piece of old seaweed??

Phil.

horsehead2.jpg

I don't think there is much to doubt regarding the imaging potential of your scope Phil.

If you can just get the uninterrupted subs of the required durations, you will blow the likes of the Horsey and Flame out of the water, space. As it happens, this image is just with the door partly ajar. :D

Ron. :D

Thanks guys.

Look here, right. From now on you must title these posts with a big warning - RE: BO 91mm. KEEP OUT, ANDREW!

Any more posts about this scope and there will be no stopping me...

Nice image. Nice scope.

Andrew

:silent: :silent: :silent: :silent: :silent: :silent: :silent:

Andrew, you have showed strength of character in resisting thus far. Now is the time to be weak.. :D :D

Phil.

Archived