Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Problem with Celestron Neximage camera

Johnboy

Hi folks,

A couple of years ago I bought the above camera to have a go at imaging the moon and planets. I have used it a few times with good results but last night I found I couldn't get Jupiter anywhere near focussed.  So I tried the moon which was OK but not as clear as I'd had it in the past. I inspected the camera and found the plastic body next to the sensor had melted. A very small part of the plastic had gone onto the glass in front of the sensor. (Not sure if this is just glass or a filter.) I was wondering if anyone else has had (or heard) of this problem with similar cameras. I didn't think the sensors in these cameras got so hot as to melt the surrounding plastic. Is it a common fault or could it be something else?

Thanks

John

Hi John,

Apologies but unable offer help. Have you sent an email to 'Celestron' with your question! I have found them quite good at answering queries. More so, than the competitor begining with 'M'!

Archived