Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

What Telescopes etc are we bringing to SGL9?

hadyn42

Now I don't want to raise your hopes people so don't get too excited but I may  be bringing an eq1 for wide field. Now I know this mount is to imaging, what stradivarius is to piano making but I hope to have a bit of fun with it anyway. it should make up for the disappointment of the 20" dob

Nice one. Well relieved :)

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

two 16" dobs on the same row - that will be a new experience for me :grin:

will be good to meet Steve

I'd love to come and have a look at your big 'uns if that's ok?

I agonised for weeks over the choice between a massive Dob and the CPC and plumped for the latter - it would be great to see what I have missed out on :smile:

I will have my humble 90mm refractor...planning on collecting a 130 mm dob from Nick at the event.

Will bring lots of deep sky books for folks to look through.

Also keen to look at some galaxies in those big dobs..

Hope to have my son Josh with me on Saturday night.

Mark

Will be so good to catch up with everyone.

I think with a handful of 10" and 12", a couple of 14" at least 4x 16" and possibly a 20" that'll be the most aperture I've witnessed at an SGL starparty. Hope we get to use them :) I'm bringing a 70mm to bring the optical concentration back into balance ;)

I am bringing my 4" APO to view the Sun with the Herschel Wedge. It would be good to try the Herschel Wedge on your Televue Pronto if you fancy a comparison.

I was hoping you would say that! Love to Mark :D

decided I better try and fit it all together before I get there...

I Modified a few dovetails today to take the two bigger Primes  on a AE side by Side bar fitted with a Celestron 9x60 straight through finder guider...

SGL9.jpg

During the day the LOHA solarscope will be on there instead...

Peter...

Hmmm, decisions decisions, we have moved pitch onto a grass one, and the weather looks dodgy, all things considered I might not take any kit, unless there is a quick improvement in the forecasts. Its a lot of stuff to dismantle and transport to just sit under a cover :\ SGL star parties are much more a social event for us at any rate.

I might just bring the vixen 100 Peter, perhaps we could try some daylight stuff with it and one of your full frame sensors?

I've only just got in from a 15 hour day at work, and I have to go back in for a while at the crack of dawn tomorrow, so am pushed to dismantle anything, but should be able to slip the Vixen off the mount and into its case. Hoping to leave for lucksall before 12 noon tomorrow.

Yep! My van is well and truly toast, engine has siezed :(

However I have managed to acquire transport. See you all there. :)

Thanks to everyone that PM'd me with such very kind offers, what a great bunch you all are.

The ex PBK Lyra Optic 4" f11 based Stage 2 PST mod solar scope will be there on an NEQ-6  and hopefully Kev can remember how to use it all and teach me...

Visitors welcome :)

Peter...

I'll need to have a clear out of the dust between my two brain cells

Archived