Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

hadyn42

What Telescopes etc are we bringing to SGL9?

Mrs L says she doesn't want to come - so more room for kit (and bottles!). I think I'll bring both the 350 Dob and the 9.25 SCT plus Az-EQ 6 and the bins of course!

My wife came for the first night at a star party once. Hated it - cold, damp and boring blokes taking about space loudly at night. I doubt Julie will be back. It was nice to have someone to cuddle with though for one night at least. (That's not a plea for a replacement by the way!).

My wife came for the first night at a star party once. Hated it - cold, damp and boring blokes taking about space loudly at night.

That's what my wife said! I think I'm both disappointed and relieved that she is not coming, if you see what I mean

So - visitors welcome to the campervan - I'll be taking the Nespresso machine

• Like 1

@Ibbo - I'll be taking my 8" RC so can certainly help out collimation

• Like 1

Give me a shout when you attempt that? I'd like to observe :)

Give me a shout when you attempt that? I'd like to observe :)

me too, still steering clear of RC because of collimation  :icon_pale:

I will be bring a 2 inch Hotech laser collimator if anyone wants to borrow it. 

• Like 1

Make it 3 ! It's something I'm considering :)

250PX Dob, C8N with CG5-GT Goto for imaging and a 127SLT Mak for Planetary....and a 1100D DSLR unmodified and finally a Lifecam Studio for Planetary Imaging. See you there.

I will mostly be photographing galaxies with my Celestron 8" EdgeHD & OAG, all laptoped up with a Canon 60D. Sky willing. I will also be trying to capture some planets.

Would love to drool over an Atik and see how CCD imaging works. Would also love to look through a Dob - I saw one in a shop once, but have never been near one in use. I am an imager as visual always leaves me slightly underwhelmed - would love for someone to show me why I'm so very wrong!

See you all there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will be bring a 2 inch Hotech laser collimator if anyone wants to borrow it. 

Yes please :laugh: , id like to see how it compares to my  basic laser setup if thats ok ?

Cheers

Might not be bringing the 20" Dob now. Sorry to all those that wanted a look through it.

My van broke down tonight, and TBH hiring another is beyond my budget ATM. I may be on the train with a rucksack, doss bag, bins, and a couple of bottles of vodka at this rate.

hi Steve

There's plenty of space in my tent if you are struggling. Just watch the baked bean intake LOL

Maybe we could do a deal on eyepieces you bring that I don't have so I can try them in the 16?

I am there Friday afternoon and leaving Sunday about Midday

Sorry to hear that Steve...  What days are you planning on staying  ? I'm there from Thursday morning til Monday and will happily pick you up and drop you off from the station...

I have room as well but it might be cosy on the Friday night as Mathews staying over ...

Peter...

Thanks Shane that's very kind of you :)

I'll tow it to the garage on Monday and see what they say.......I'm fearing the worst. It felt like an engine seize :eek: ££££££ VW garbage (should've stayed with land rover at least I know how they work)

Cheers Peter I'm supposed to be from Wednesday to Sunday as above let's see what the garage says. :)

good luck mate. whatever happens if you can get there, there will be room at the inn :grin: just follow the brightest star in the sky. this story rings a bell somewhere.

Thanks guys :)

And to think there's some people worrying about the weather :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I'm bringing my 8" RC, SW 200PDS, SW ED80, AZ-EQ6GT,EQ5 PRO GOTO,QHY8L,ASI120MC and various other bits of equipment.

Dave

Sent from my SGP321 using Tapatalk

Might not be bringing the 20" Dob now. Sorry to all those that wanted a look through it.

:sad:  [removed word]. I can strap you and the scope to the roof of my hatchback if you want?

• Like 1

Looks like the RC is coming along for the ride

best put the focuser back on then :D

Or tell the wife she's staying at home. You're not sharing my bed though. Unless you give me the dob.

Now I don't want to raise your hopes people so don't get too excited but I may  be bringing an eq1 for wide field. Now I know this mount is to imaging, what stradivarius is to piano making but I hope to have a bit of fun with it anyway. it should make up for the disappointment of the 20" dob

Edited by rowan46
  • Like 1