Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What Telescopes etc are we bringing to SGL9?

hadyn42

Yep! My van is well and truly toast, engine has siezed :(

However I have managed to acquire transport. See you all there. :)

Thanks to everyone that PM'd me with such very kind offers, what a great bunch you all are.

Gutted about the motor but glad your going to be able to make it :)

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Packing mostly done now, and have plumped for just the one scope (130pds) which is now swathed in bubble wrap. At the moment its four boxes and a backpack, but that is liable to increase as I suddenly remember the things im missing... ie: tin opener!

That's the advantage of only having one no cracks for the dust to settle....

I might need to pick up a game controller to use with EQ-mod...

Peter....

Do you want me to bring one for you?

Helen

is anyone bringing a baby Lunt 35mm HA scope? if so I'd love a peek please as it's on my (long time in the) future purchase list. I have jaffa cakes.

I am Shane and as always you're more than welcome to make use of it.

That's the advantage of only having one no cracks for the dust to settle....

I might need to pick up a game controller to use with EQ-mod...

Peter....

Don't bother Pete, I've got one :) I found it yesterday while I was looking for my chair. Still haven't found the chair lol

Change of plans re telescope. I'm going to bring the Pronto and a Skymax on an SLT mount. If we get some clear spells I will just shoot some startrails and look through other people's kit :) Perhaps play with a webcam as well.

I'm wondering about just bringing the little Vixen on the AZ-4 now with a white light filter. Trouble is, if the clouds clear, the 12" would be fabulous under the Lucksall skies :undecided:

I think I'll stick with bringing both the SCT and the Dob - I'm an optimist!

And Tesco have just delivered the beer and Jaffa cakes.

There is obviously a historical link between SGL and Jaffa cakes so I thought that I should join in!

See you tomorrow

Kerry

The grass is pretty soft, but not muddy, bit of rain today but not a drenching. There were patches between clouds last night but I was content with an early night, been working too hard lately.

I'm wondering about just bringing the little Vixen on the AZ-4 now with a white light filter. Trouble is, if the clouds clear, the 12" would be fabulous under the Lucksall skies :undecided:

You will be kicking yourself if you leave the dob at home and it turns out clear!

I'm at that 'what to pack' stage too  :confused:

For simplicity and gaps in clouds then alt az manual is probably best, but my vixen won't cope with too much weight so limited aperture.  I need the SE mount for daytime solar so maybe the C8 on that (pushing it a bit...).  

Or just forget practicality and bring the C11 and the EQAZ - and a big waterproof cover  :grin:  If I could get some time on the moon and Jupiter with it (including some imaging) then anything else is a bonus  :smiley:   I think I just talked myself into it  :grin: And hopefully someone can teach me how to collimate it during the day.

Helen

Definitely bringing my 16inch, need to test drive my new "push to" mod.....and ill have my 20x80 bin with me.

I went to a starcamp last year where a mate only took his bins and left his 12inch dob at home due to an iffy weather forecast.

As it went dark the skies cleared and we had 8 hours of the best uk skies I have ever seen with an sql reading of 21.6.

Luckily i was more optimistic an had my scope in the car ........my mate vowed never to leave his scope at home again !

cheers

I'm ready to head out early doors tomorrow. I cannot believe how much stuff I have packed for 3 days.... From running gear, thermals, food... The list is endless.

Hoping to be there by 8:00 and set up well before the floods arrive....

A small patch of clear sky on Wednesday night gave me a dose of acute aperture fever. I decided to pop home yesterday morning to swap the Skymax 127 for the Skyliner 250PX. Feeling much happier now. :)

Archived