Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What Telescopes etc are we bringing to SGL9?

hadyn42

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be bringing EQ5 with an ED80 or 66 so that I can try to get the hang of spectroscopy with the Star Analyser 100, using DMK41. Resisting temptation to bring Atik cameras and doing guided imaging so that I have less wires to trip over and I can stay focussed (pun intended). Also PST and 4" Mak for solar imaging during those long lazy sunny days.

I'll be bringing EQ5 with an ED80 or 66 so that I can try to get the hang of spectroscopy with the Star Analyser 100, using DMK41. Resisting temptation to bring Atik cameras and doing guided imaging so that I have less wires to trip over and I can stay focussed (pun intended). Also PST and 4" Mak for solar imaging during those long lazy sunny days.

Can I come and watch Allan?  I've got a star analyser but haven't got around to setting it up.  I've got Ken's book too if that would help.

Helen

Ahh interesting - I'll be bringing my DIY spectrograph with the vixen, I'll be bringing the other bits along though :)

Have finalised setup now :)

Due to not being able to test Ibbo's WO 132 before hand I'm going to be packing a Takahashi TOA-130 @ f1500 (thanks Velvet!) on my EQ8 with (hopefully) first light on the QSI 690 :)

There may be something new under the EQ8 too as I really don't fancy bringing the pier but that's TBC ...

Now binned or unbinned ... that is the question :o

Can I come and watch Allan?  I've got a star analyser but haven't got around to setting it up.  I've got Ken's book too if that would help.

Helen

Ahh interesting - I'll be bringing my DIY spectrograph with the vixen, I'll be bringing the other bits along though :)

Helen, Nick - Not sure I'd be worth watching, but the blind leading the blind might get somewhere! I have Ken's book also.

I'm on pitch 101, handy for the tea tent.

Allan

Helen, Nick - Not sure I'd be worth watching, but the blind leading the blind might get somewhere! I have Ken's book also.

I'm on pitch 101, handy for the tea tent.

Allan

It'll give me the incentive to do a bit of reading Allan :smile:, and as you're close to the tea tent :wink:  I'll bring cake!

Helen

I'll probably pack the usual imaging rig (ED80+HEQ5+314L)

However, I should also have taken delivery of my very shiney custom made Moonraker 102 by then :grin: :grin: :grin:

And, of course, beer, lots of beer....

Ooooh, now I would love to have a good at that. There is something about the look of those I really like.

Ooooh, now I would love to have a good at that. There is something about the look of those I really like.

You're more than welcome. I'm sure others will be keen for a butchers too. Open house to all. Jaffa cakes may assist in jumping any queue that may form :smiley: ....

I usually bring everything with me so I can decide what I need when I am there.

Imaging rig, and I will be wanting to look through those nice dobs and SCT's  while the imaging is capturing if the owners don't mind.

HEQ5, this will be it's first light as I am leaving my NEQ6 permanently on the pier now I have the HEQ5 for camps.

Scopes: SW ED120, SW ED80, WO ZS71 

Cameras: Atik383L, Atik16i, Atik314, Modified Canon 450D, QHY8L 

Will decide which to use as and when.

Carole 

Bruichladdich Ten?

Black Grouse with me.

Carole, you are almost tempting me to bring more kit. Like you, it's a first outing for my "new" but previously owned HEQ5. My original HEQ5 is bolted to the pier I put in last year so my rationale is not to spend ages at SGL trying to get a PA as good as I have at home.

I am bring an EQ6 which has just returned from a belt drive upgrade,

A SW MN190 - if you have not looked through one of these I recommend that you do, its like looking through a high end 7.5 inch F5 APO triplet (and at a tenth of the cost)

May be the SW ED80

SX M25C CCD

Moded Canon 450D

Cans of Stella!!!!!

.......A SW MN190 - if you have not looked through one of these I recommend that you do, its like looking through a high end 7.5 inch F5 APO triplet (and at a tenth of the cost)

I'd love to have a look through one of those. I used to own an Intes 6" F/5.9 mak-newt and that was very nice indeed  :smiley:

The MN190 has been on my "maybe ?" list for some time. 

Archived