Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What Telescopes etc are we bringing to SGL9?

hadyn42

Hello All

Is it possible for a list of telescopes etc we intend to bring to SGL9? I can't seem to find a thread on here this year about what we kit we are bringing this year, so apologies if this thread has already been started....

I intend to bring my SW-ED80 with HEQ5 Pro tripod with various eyepieces and bits and pieces. I may also bring my cctv video camera which could be attached to the scope and displayed on a 7" monitor. This is something I tried at a star gazing event held on the island last week, which seemed to be quite popular with the folk who came to view the skies through various telescopes and binoculars setup by the IOM Astronomical Society in Onchan Park.

Very much looking forward again to the great event again!

Best regards, Hadyn - Isle of Man

post-5909-0-89674500-1394454763_thumb.jp

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What would you like to see?

Skywatcher 150ED

Skywatcher 10" Quattro CF

Celestron C11 Edge HD

or......

New Vixen VSD100 f3.8 refractor

(The answer is the Vixen, it's a lot lighter and smaller!)

:)

I'll be taking the DIY Vixen powered Lamatron (spectrograph/heliospectroscope).. as well as the usual stuff.. including the 'old' Pentax 105 SDP which may cause a couple of double takes if Tim brings his new fangled Vixen..

HI.. first time to an SGL, and i'll be bringing my ETX-125, if i've got space i'll bring my Dob, but considering the amount i'll have to bring ( including the 2 kids ) the dob may be a stretch...

Mike

Probably my 12" F/5.3 Orion Optics dob. Hopefully it will see some starlight this year  :rolleyes2:

I did wonder about bringing the 6" F/12 refractor but I'm still learning my way around that one.

Nothing fancy - 200p/eq5 and the 150p dob for the kids and OH to use  :grin:

That is unless my daughter wins the ebay auction for the 10" dob she's currently eyeing up!!  (might have to leave them at home then as there won't be room   :rolleyes: )

Good god, I may as well leave my Jeffrey at home. I was thinking that Nick (cotterless)'s 6" frac and John's 12" dob would make Jeffers (my 8" dob) redundant, then swamp thing mentions a 20" dob - and I think he's kipping close to me too! - I may be an uncontainable over-excited pain in the rear if we get clear skies :D;)

Archived