Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Imaging with the 130pds

Russe

Hi Rob

Well I fiddled with it at the time and adjusted the mirror collimation as best as I could. The modded1100d images I got on the 130pds were acceptable - no tilt! I just decided to put it (the modded 1100d) on the heq5 for widefield with a lens, and put the qhy8l on the AVX/130pds because the qhy8l was being wasted and just gathering dust since the spring!

I have digital callipers Thanks for the measuring tip!

Cheers

Louise.

But was that using the GSO corrector? If so, why not switch and see if it improves? If you want to stick with the MPCC, try a longer spacing - something like 57mm, it may balance the field a bit more.

But was that using the GSO corrector? If so, why not switch and see if it improves? If you want to stick with the MPCC, try a longer spacing - something like 57mm, it may balance the field a bit more.

Yeah,GSO before. I don't want to mess about swapping cc's as I'd have to get another extension tube/variable spacer to get the spacing right - an added complication. I'll do what I said - back to basics: strip down, sort out the focusser, re-collimate etc. Then take it from there... :)

Louise

this is my latest attempt with the 130 pds:

m45, 36x30s subs. no flats, bias or darks.

post-37532-0-25710800-1442548553_thumb.j

i'm having an issue with my mount getting unusual tracking problem with my mount that's disheartening me, i drift align it, get some good subs with minimum trail, but then after a good one comes another one with trails, a good one and a bad one, not in order but very often.

what could it be? guess i'll make a topic about it with some pictures.

thanks

• Like 5

uranium, 

no, it is unguided, the 9x50 finder haven't arrived yet.

the image was shot without the cc, sky was cloudy all night and about 2 a.m it cleared so i went to image a bit.  i need to give the cc a go one of these days.

do you have any idea about the random trails? this is how it is:

post-37532-0-84333000-1442590966_thumb.j

the above one is ok for me, but then i get something like the one below all the time

post-37532-0-32953300-1442591148_thumb.j

thank you.

• Like 1

just mount your DSLR + lens on the HEQ5 and it should take some smashing widefield photos until youve saved enough for the telescope + other bits.

Hi Rob hope you have been well, im thinking of trying this as i have never tried imaging wide field on the HEQ5...... at first i was thinking of mounting scope, getting auto guiding running then slapping the DSLR on top of the scope rings and taking wide field like this, but a more easier method would be just to mount the DSLR on the HEQ5 with no scope but then id be limited to unguided subs, but a lot less effort setting up and carrying the scope and bits and pieces that go with it.....hmm next clear night i do want to try some widefield with the HEQ5 tho i know that

• Like 1

uranium, 

the image was shot without the cc, sky was cloudy all night and about 2 a.m it cleared so i went to image a bit.  i need to give the cc a go one of these days.

the above one is ok for me, but then i get something like the one below all the time

thank you.

Hi Frank

You obviously have coma which doesn't help. To image unguided you need your PA and balance to be spot on. I'm not sure where M45 appears in the sky for you? That might make  difference.

Louise

Latest attempt on the M33

its a combination of several nights= 4 batches. The three first batches was unguided, 1 min exposure.

Last night i got som 1h, 40 min guded: 4 min subs and stacked all together giving 3h 50 min in total.

Equipment SW 130PDS on HEQ pro mount, guided with synguider

Messier_33_19_09_15_zpsqsw5vbwm.png

• Like 9

Hi Frank

You obviously have coma which doesn't help. To image unguided you need your PA and balance to be spot on. I'm not sure where M45 appears in the sky for you? That might make difference.

Louise

Hi Louise,

It was in north, need to check where it where that night to give precise information., but i thought if one sub was about ok, the rest should be too. The coma is really obvious, gonna try the cc when i get back home. Can't wait for the finder to arrive.

Sent from my XT1069 using Tapatalk

Here is the latest image from the 130.... might be the last for a little bit as the WO71 gets a good run:

21391314970_0bd35e38c9_c.jpg

I'll find a way to incorporate both telescopes into the setup, but im trying to avoid guidescope rings on the frac... maybe some sort of adjustable saddle is in order, would prefer to make it because buying one is pretty expensive.

Actually... just thought, I do have some other data to process from the 130... totally forgot I had that! (got an M45 kicking around somewhere)

• Like 11

Here is the latest image from the 130.... might be the last for a little bit as the WO71 gets a good run:

21391314970_0bd35e38c9_c.jpg

I'll find a way to incorporate both telescopes into the setup, but im trying to avoid guidescope rings on the frac... maybe some sort of adjustable saddle is in order, would prefer to make it because buying one is pretty expensive.

Actually... just thought, I do have some other data to process from the 130... totally forgot I had that! (got an M45 kicking around somewhere)

Wow! my effort pales, something to aim for,

uranium, 

attachicon.gifL_0031.JPG

attachicon.gifL_0032.JPG

thank you.

Hi Atreta,

This looks very much like periodic error: many unguided subs are OK, followed by some that are completely elongated!

Guiding with a finder guider, especially if you use PEC in ASCOM, will all but eliminate this problem. :)

Paul

PS I send you a PM :)

Louise,

I noticed that a small chunk of it is missing. There was someone who also mentioned having it in this thread, but i don't remember if he/she corrected it. Do you know how to get rid of that? Thanks

Hiya

I think you have to cut the end off the focus tube. Probably best not to do anything until you get a coma corrector.

Louise

Louise,

I noticed that a small chunk of it is missing. There was someone who also mentioned having it in this thread, but i don't remember if he/she corrected it. Do you know how to get rid of that? Thanks

I had a similar problem,  never needed to cut my tube, turned out for me when I modded my DSLR my light pollution filter was not cutting IR and UV very well - I had removed the Baader internal one I had fitted as I had problems getting it seated perfectly and this produced star halos.  Adding a filter for those cleared things up. Once the filter was in place and the focus nailed it went away never to be seen since (touch wood),  I learnt some lessons there during a prolonged period of bad weather to change things one at a time as I had tinkered with just about everything between them showing up and finally getting to the bottom of things.

Cheers

Ross

Edited by sidelight
  • Like 1