Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss.thumb.jpg.5b348d6a5e7f27bdcb79e9356b7fc03b.jpg

Russe

Imaging with the 130pds

I can finally add something I'm proud of using this scope, I'm still very new to all this though. 

ORIONs-1.JPG

Edited by Rustang
  • Like 11

13 hours ago, Rustang said:

I can finally add something I'm proud of using this scope, I'm still very new to all this though. 

ORIONs-1.JPG

Great image, my only suggestion would be to nudge the green channel down slightly as i think its a little bright relative to red and blue.

Adam

1 hour ago, Adam J said:

Great image, my only suggestion would be to nudge the green channel down slightly as i think its a little bright relative to red and blue.

Adam

Understood ?

"Workinprogress"
My OIII was a complete rubbish... had to crop a lot ;(
A bit overcooked, but I like it

Rosette-[NGC2244]

• Like 8

3 hours ago, RolandKol said:

"Workinprogress"

Rosette-[NGC2244]

Beautiful, because of my newbie lack of knowledge, what is this of? ?

• Like 1

Here's a question... in RGB the OIII part of the Rosette looks a sort of washed-out red compared to the Ha parts.

Is there a trick with selective colour or similar I could use to turn it blue with being overly artificial?

33 minutes ago, Rustang said:

Beautiful, because of my newbie lack of knowledge, what is this of? ?

I'd love to say  the bagel nebula, but it's called the Rosette.

49 minutes ago, Stub Mandrel said:

Here's a question... in RGB the OIII part of the Rosette looks a sort of washed-out red compared to the Ha parts.

Is there a trick with selective colour or similar I could use to turn it blue with being overly artificial?

Not sure which software you use,

in Pix, you can run Color Mask script to generate Mask for each color and brighten the part for OIII.

In this case, I was actually made to push it very hard... as most of my OIII subs went to the bin ;(

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, RolandKol said:

Not sure which software you use,

in Pix, you can run Color Mask script to generate Mask for each color and brighten the part for OIII.

In this case, I was actually made to push it very hard... as most of my OIII subs went to the bin ;(

I use Photoshop + paints Shop pro

6 minutes ago, Stub Mandrel said:

I use Photoshop + paints Shop pro

Unfortunately, - no idea.... I am a complete "Vacuum" in the Photoshop...

4 hours ago, Stub Mandrel said:

I'd love to say  the bagel nebula, but it's called the Rosette.

Thank you ?

M42 Orion Nebula

Frames: 41×180″ & 20x30"

20 Darks/Flats/Bias

In my personal opinion, I do prefer the core being blown out as HDR MultiscaleTransform just wasn't dealing with it well and it preserves contrast.

Overall it took me about 20 hours from setting up and taking images, to doing iterations of this in PixInsight and finishing. 

Once I get a modded DSLR, I'll be sure to add some Ha data to this.

Any CC or comments are appreciated :)

Matt

HDR1.jpg

• Like 4

A touch of lurgy at the moment has given me an opportunity to catch up on some imaging processing. The cone was the trickier of this pair- it’s much less bright and because there’s lots of gas around it, finding some background to calibrate on was not easy. Also, in my efforts to strip light pollution (both moon and LED) from the RGB subs I’ve removed any Oiii signal which I know is present somewhere in this! California was easier as it has higher surface brightness.

Cone:
14/2/19: Ha – 14x 10 min subs (yes- my wife is very understanding)
21/2/19: RGB – 40x 2.5mins subs

California:
14/2/19: Ha – 14x 10 mins subs
9/1/19: RGB – 12x 5 mins subs

Cone HaRGB 190221.jpg

California HaRGB 190214.jpg

California Ha 190214.jpg

• Like 6

Good stuff Rob! it's about time I tried some Ha on a moonless night.

• Like 1

Looking for the last upgrade.

Baader ClickClock looks luring...

Has anyone tried it with SW CC which is also 0.9 reducer and ASi1600MM?

That lock is 30mm, - I afraid my ASi  will not get in focus with it while focuser is Fully IN.

24 minutes ago, RolandKol said:

Looking for the last upgrade.

Baader ClickClock looks luring...

Has anyone tried it with SW CC which is also 0.9 reducer and ASi1600MM?

That lock is 30mm, - I afraid my ASi  will not get in focus with it while focuser is Fully IN.

I can 100% confirm to you that you will not have sufficient back-focus to accommodate the clicklock I tried it and it did not even work with a Baader MPCC MKIII and that does not change the focus position like the SW CC does. By moving the primary mirror an uncomfortable distance up the tube I was able to just...and I mean just reach focus with my LRGB filters but I was not able to reach focus with my thicker astrodon narrowband filters. I was not comfortable with leaving the primary hanging like that as I did not believe that it would hold colimation. 

You could try pairing it with a Explore Scientific Coma corrector as that moves the focus out 3.5cm....but that's an expensive game to play. 

Adam

15 minutes ago, Adam J said:

I can 100% confirm to you that you will not have sufficient back-focus to accommodate the clicklock I tried it and it did not even work with a Baader MPCC MKIII and that does not change the focus position like the SW CC does. By moving the primary mirror an uncomfortable distance up the tube I was able to just...and I mean just reach focus with my LRGB filters but I was not able to reach focus with my thicker astrodon narrowband filters. I was not comfortable with leaving the primary hanging like that as I did not believe that it would hold colimation. 

You could try pairing it with a Explore Scientific Coma corrector as that moves the focus out 3.5cm....but that's an expensive game to play. 

Adam

Thanks a lot for confirmation Adam!
It looks like my upgrades are done for now.... :)

18 minutes ago, Stub Mandrel said:

To save me downloading it and firing up cura - what diameter is it?

150mm

Great, thanks.

On transparent at the moment but may give that a go when I'm on black again.

I have no black plastic at all ;) first one was white :) spray paint sticks well! :)

80min on the Jellyfish, between rain showers last weekend:

Group1_ps_80.thumb.jpg.84818a5bb096b126d881159844dac40a.jpg

• Like 7

On 01/03/2019 at 18:41, RolandKol said:

"Workinprogress"

Rosette-[NGC2244]

How many hours is this? I too live in Bortle 8 skies, I have both the Baader 7/8.5 Ha-O3 filters.

• Like 3