Jump to content

Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss_winners.thumb.jpg.9deb4a8db27e7485a7bb99d98667c94e.jpg

Russe

Imaging with the 130pds

Recommended Posts

I can finally add something I'm proud of using this scope, I'm still very new to all this though. 

 

ORIONs-1.JPG

Edited by Rustang
  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Rustang said:

I can finally add something I'm proud of using this scope, I'm still very new to all this though. 

 

ORIONs-1.JPG

Great image, my only suggestion would be to nudge the green channel down slightly as i think its a little bright relative to red and blue.

Adam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Adam J said:

Great image, my only suggestion would be to nudge the green channel down slightly as i think its a little bright relative to red and blue.

Adam

Understood ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Workinprogress"
My OIII was a complete rubbish... had to crop a lot ;(
A bit overcooked, but I like it
 

 

Rosette-[NGC2244]

 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RolandKol said:

"Workinprogress"
My OIII was a complete rubbish... had to crop a lot ;(
A bit overcooked, but I like it
 

 

Rosette-[NGC2244]

 

Beautiful, because of my newbie lack of knowledge, what is this of? ?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's a question... in RGB the OIII part of the Rosette looks a sort of washed-out red compared to the Ha parts.

Is there a trick with selective colour or similar I could use to turn it blue with being overly artificial?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Rustang said:

Beautiful, because of my newbie lack of knowledge, what is this of? ?

I'd love to say  the bagel nebula, but it's called the Rosette.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Stub Mandrel said:

Here's a question... in RGB the OIII part of the Rosette looks a sort of washed-out red compared to the Ha parts.

Is there a trick with selective colour or similar I could use to turn it blue with being overly artificial?

Not sure which software you use,

in Pix, you can run Color Mask script to generate Mask for each color and brighten the part for OIII.

In this case, I was actually made to push it very hard... as most of my OIII subs went to the bin ;(

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, RolandKol said:

Not sure which software you use,

in Pix, you can run Color Mask script to generate Mask for each color and brighten the part for OIII.

In this case, I was actually made to push it very hard... as most of my OIII subs went to the bin ;(

I use Photoshop + paints Shop pro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Stub Mandrel said:

I use Photoshop + paints Shop pro

Unfortunately, - no idea.... I am a complete "Vacuum" in the Photoshop...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Stub Mandrel said:

I'd love to say  the bagel nebula, but it's called the Rosette.

Thank you ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

M42 Orion Nebula

Frames: 41×180″ & 20x30"

20 Darks/Flats/Bias

In my personal opinion, I do prefer the core being blown out as HDR MultiscaleTransform just wasn't dealing with it well and it preserves contrast.

Overall it took me about 20 hours from setting up and taking images, to doing iterations of this in PixInsight and finishing. 

Once I get a modded DSLR, I'll be sure to add some Ha data to this.

Any CC or comments are appreciated :)

Matt

HDR1.jpg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A touch of lurgy at the moment has given me an opportunity to catch up on some imaging processing. The cone was the trickier of this pair- it’s much less bright and because there’s lots of gas around it, finding some background to calibrate on was not easy. Also, in my efforts to strip light pollution (both moon and LED) from the RGB subs I’ve removed any Oiii signal which I know is present somewhere in this! California was easier as it has higher surface brightness.


Cone:
14/2/19: Ha – 14x 10 min subs (yes- my wife is very understanding)
21/2/19: RGB – 40x 2.5mins subs


California:
14/2/19: Ha – 14x 10 mins subs
9/1/19: RGB – 12x 5 mins subs

 

Cone HaRGB 190221.jpg

California HaRGB 190214.jpg

California Ha 190214.jpg

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking for the last upgrade.


Baader ClickClock looks luring...

Has anyone tried it with SW CC which is also 0.9 reducer and ASi1600MM?

That lock is 30mm, - I afraid my ASi  will not get in focus with it while focuser is Fully IN.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, RolandKol said:

Looking for the last upgrade.


Baader ClickClock looks luring...

Has anyone tried it with SW CC which is also 0.9 reducer and ASi1600MM?

That lock is 30mm, - I afraid my ASi  will not get in focus with it while focuser is Fully IN.

I can 100% confirm to you that you will not have sufficient back-focus to accommodate the clicklock I tried it and it did not even work with a Baader MPCC MKIII and that does not change the focus position like the SW CC does. By moving the primary mirror an uncomfortable distance up the tube I was able to just...and I mean just reach focus with my LRGB filters but I was not able to reach focus with my thicker astrodon narrowband filters. I was not comfortable with leaving the primary hanging like that as I did not believe that it would hold colimation. 

You could try pairing it with a Explore Scientific Coma corrector as that moves the focus out 3.5cm....but that's an expensive game to play. 

Adam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Adam J said:

I can 100% confirm to you that you will not have sufficient back-focus to accommodate the clicklock I tried it and it did not even work with a Baader MPCC MKIII and that does not change the focus position like the SW CC does. By moving the primary mirror an uncomfortable distance up the tube I was able to just...and I mean just reach focus with my LRGB filters but I was not able to reach focus with my thicker astrodon narrowband filters. I was not comfortable with leaving the primary hanging like that as I did not believe that it would hold colimation. 

You could try pairing it with a Explore Scientific Coma corrector as that moves the focus out 3.5cm....but that's an expensive game to play. 

Adam

Thanks a lot for confirmation Adam!
It looks like my upgrades are done for now.... :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Stub Mandrel said:

To save me downloading it and firing up cura - what diameter is it?

150mm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have no black plastic at all ;) first one was white :) spray paint sticks well! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/03/2019 at 18:41, RolandKol said:

"Workinprogress"
My OIII was a complete rubbish... had to crop a lot ;(
A bit overcooked, but I like it
 

 

Rosette-[NGC2244]

 

How many hours is this? I too live in Bortle 8 skies, I have both the Baader 7/8.5 Ha-O3 filters.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By merlin100
      I'm tempted to go down the route of getting myself a brand new reflector...  My friend's old Meade 114/900 is a good telescope, but I want something of my own and with a bit more light gathering power.  To this end, I've been looking at a couple of different models and manufactures.  
      https://www.firstlightoptics.com/beginner-telescopes/skywatcher-explorer-130.html
      https://www.firstlightoptics.com/beginner-telescopes/skywatcher-explorer-130p.html
      https://www.firstlightoptics.com/reflectors/skywatcher-explorer-130m.html
      https://www.amazon.co.uk/Meade-Instruments-Polaris-Reflector-Telescope/dp/B01FG8JEGG
      I must admit, the Skywatcher Explorer 130M floats my boat, as it's motorised with a speed controller.
      Any thoughts or observations?🤔
    • By stevebb
      Celestron C8 XLT + extras and SkyWatcher Star Travel 80 (ST80)
      I have a Celestron C8 with XLT Starbrite coatings. Will include the full length base plate, both visual and imaging backs, scope rings, front 8" end cap and the finder scope with it. No box I'm afraid. Optics are good and clean, focal length is huge - 2300mm from memory. This lot would cost close to £1300 new and one with less spec went for £750 on fleabay recently. Might be interested in a part exchange or will let it go for £450 collection only.
      Also, I have a SkyWatcher Star Traveler 80 - good optics, used as a guide scope - just the scope itself (does not include the barlow in the photo) - now including dovetail bar and scope rings looking at around £50 for it.
      I have decided to save up for another refractor, WO, Equinox or even toward an Esprit. However, I would also consider p/ex for an Intel NUC and/or Pegasus Astro Pocket Powerbox.
      Please excuse some of the colours - I used my astro modded 6D which was in the observatory so the "nice" purple is actually black !!
      Both these are collection only.




    • By Clear Skies!
      I am going to buy Skywatcher EQ5 Pro Go-To mount. But, unfortunately, I am low on budget.
      So, does someone know where can I buy the cheapest EQ5 pro mount?
      Yesterday there was a low price for it (350 €), but they changed it.
      Thank you for your time!
    • By Bruno Marin
      I found this setup in internet and make me think, with AZEQ6 GT and 2 scopes, different weights and size, without counterweight in AZ mode! 
      - I can put a MAK100mm 3kg +- and a OO VX10l  12kg +- without counterweight?
       
      Does anyone have this setup mount and already used without counterweight with two telescopes of different weights? Is it really necessary to have a balance using in AZ mode?
      The problem to centralize the object with both scopes is true? With the SW AZEQ6 GT?
      Follow the images
      a TSA-120 with 6.5 kg i think and the other with 22kg i forgot the brand hehe you can help me?
       


    • By AstroRuz
      £180
      Selling a nice portable wide telescope with great glass and a great field of view
      I have two telescopes and I'm using the 80ED more currently and so this Telescope just isn't getting used anymore
      It has a longer dovetail (originally from the 80ED) so declination balance can be reached.
      Great performer for the price
      Collection only as P&P is like £40 (Northamptonshire - UK)
      Selling to fund a scope or mount upgrade.🤔
      Selling





×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.