Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

YOU MAY NOW GET EXCITED!!!

daz

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's cutting it a bit close Allan :shocked:

Oh ye of little faith, Mark. My 02 registered van with only 22k on the clock passed OK - apart from some work on a brake seizing up from lack of use! 

Allan  :smiley:

This will be my first star party :smile:

First on my prep list is figuring out how to shield or turn off all the lights on my car so that no one shoots me in the middle of the night :confused:

Looking forward to it!

Easiest way is to remove the fuse for the indicators and interior light. It's best to work out which fuses to remove in advance during day light then take them out just before dusk. Don't forget to put them back before driving off :)

Hello from a very excited camper... Got lucky with a reassigned space today and will be joining you all for my first star party. Thank you Daz!

As for camper vans and mots... Mine goes in tomorrow for service, mot and habitation check. Fingers crossed that I have sufficient funds after all of that to at least purchase Jaffa cakes!

Can't wait for next week and if everybody stops purchasing new Astro gear we might even be lucky with the clouds...!

one final call and I'm officially on vacation...

Now to finish the spectrograph (finish cuts, flock, waterproof the tent, get the roof rack on, clean things, … pack, … lots todo!

Hello Guys

Please can you tell me is there going to be any of you guys going to be on site on the Tuesday late afternoon so that I can have someone to talk to?

Just about to load my van up today as I have got the 7am boat to catch on Monday. As with all of us Manxmen we don't like to travel more than 30 miles in any one day, so I am having a overnight stay in Walsall in a hotel on  Monday night trying to getting myself acclimatised to being on a much bigger island!

Best regards,  Hadyn - isle of Man

Hello Guys

Please can you tell me is there going to be any of you guys going to be on site on the Tuesday late afternoon so that I can have someone to talk to?

Just about to load my van up today as I have got the 7am boat to catch on Monday. As with all of us Manxmen we don't like to travel more than 30 miles in any one day, so I am having a overnight stay in Walsall in a hotel on  Monday night trying to getting myself acclimatised to being on a much bigger island!

You will be next to me IIRC.. I'll be there from monday onwards.

Trying to limit the amount of stuff in the car this time... Can I ask if the cafe is open all week, or just for the main days? The food is so good there, I may as well not bring any cooking gear if is open all week! 

Also, when does the tea/coffee tent arrive.  I don't have a kettle - brews are made on my camping stove, so will I need to bring gear for this if the tea/coffee tent isn't there until Thursday. 

I'm arriving on Wednesday, and may be coming round to bribe you all (with jaffa cakes of course) to help me put up my tent (I'm on my own again)! Looking forward to seeing all of you again! 

Oh no Dave! Hope it's all good. I just built my little trailer and she was a little damp and mouldy inside which isn't bad considering where she is so having a bath in and out. And leaving the dehumidifier in over night. Need to get a few things before I'm ready but fingers crossed! Can I ask. What suitable electric things are best to bring for a trailer? I know it's 16amp but what is likely to be too much and trip?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk please ignore any spelling typo thingys

I think someone mentioned cake.

Mrs T has promised me two fruit cakes and a batch of fruit scones to bring along on Friday :wink:

What's the form - do I just form these at the tea and coffee tent?

Hi DRT, some people leave cake and jaffa cakes at the Welcome/Tea tent for everyone to share.

However, believe it or not, some astronomers have actually been known to take the said items into their tents and emerge later with a big smile and crumbs down their front!!!!!!!!!!! 

Such people are obviously in self denial  :grin:

Hello Guys

There's a few of us turning up Monday, so you'll have company Tuesday.

M

Just finished building a duckboard for the tent entrance to stop it turning into a mudpit like last time, sprayed black to cut out any internal reflections and stray light...lol. (its the only colour ive got in spray paint!)

Archived