Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First image of the moon with 2X Barlow.

I just wanted to share it with you guys. After some tinkering I finally got my Barlow to work with my camera, and here is the result of the first session: 

post-31042-0-27727000-1394414075_thumb.j

I was amazed by the detail I managed to get. Could certainly have been better but turbulence and such got in the way. ISO 100, EXP 1/25. And then some editing with Lightroom.

Thats a nice image.

In the crater shown about 1/4 of the way along from bottom left of the shadow there is a straight line feature.  Is this Shannen Ridge?  It was very prominent last night when I was viewing.

Nice image though.

D

Thats a nice image.

In the crater shown about 1/4 of the way along from bottom left of the shadow there is a straight line feature.l  Is this Shannen Ridge?  It was very prominent last night when I was viewing.

Nice image though.

D

In all honesty, I have no idea. It certainly could be, but I don't have enough reference points to see. Thanks :).

Archived