Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Space Cowboy

Jupiter GRS & Ganymede tramsit shadow Good seeing!

At last some good seeing although through thin cloud. Got about 90 mins of Data during the GRS transit. Just going through some avis. These are picked at random, just quick stacks from incomplete avis.

QHY Colour cam @f18:

post-4016-0-05447200-1394402265_thumb.pn

post-4016-0-17072400-1394402295_thumb.pn

post-4016-0-88474700-1394402331_thumb.pn

• Like 15

Nicely done Stuart, the io shadow isn't round on my one either and I've cought a browny coloured haze around the shadow, any idea what it is?

Regards

Harvey

Great shots Stuart, the last one looks very sharp!

Angie

Fabulous images. I just watched the show through my 200P and took some avi with my mono QHY5. I will see what I can make of it in the morning.

Pete.

Wonderful capture - how nice of the weather to play ball for a change.   Lovely detail and composition.

Brilliant shots! Moon detail and all-you must be so chuffed?! I would be :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice. Love the processing, so easy to look at with great detail.

Well done Stuart. These images are great with some lovely detail and nice processing!! Pleased that the seeing cooperated finally :-)

Pete

Thanks guys! Just realized there was a double transit shadow just after I packed up due to the seeing deteriorating and my netbook battery running out of power. Wish I'd hooked up the power cable and carried on longer darn it lol

Excellent Stuart!!! Perhaps worth doing a number on the moon (Io?) to enhance it and its' 3-D appearance above Jove if you feel like it..! :)

Thanks Darryl these are worth spending some time on for sure. I've not done any "special" moon processing before, cutting then pasting back in. Would certainly help when using winjupos as I've got a nice smooth detailed planet but a messed up Io on another image I'm working on.

Some of your best images there Stuart, well done, very impressive :)

Thanks again for your generous comments fellas! Just been out tonight to capture the GRS again and seeing was horrendous the worst I've ever seen yet the seeing forecast said 7/10, go figure?

An excellent record of the double transit Stuart. Very nice indeed. Unfortunately not privy to it here as we were clouded out with rain!! But a lovely image and a pleasure to view.

Best regards,

Ralph

Thanks again for your generous comments fellas! Just been out tonight to capture the GRS again and seeing was horrendous the worst I've ever seen yet the seeing forecast said 7/10, go figure?

The seeing seems to be very local here in UK.   Monday night the seeing was horrendous down here, yet everyone up north was producing stunning images and saying how good it was.   Last night it was our turn in the south and I probably had the best seeing so far this year (at least for the first hour and a half).     Hope the forecast holds and we get some more fine/stable nights this week :)