Gosh, that was jammy! :)

Luke

Absolute complete fluke.  :laugh:  :laugh:  I'm off to buy a lottery ticket!

13035879114_45b17b694e_b.jpg

I'm glad I kept an eye on the screen, I'm a bit poorly today so I almost didn't bother watching the capture.

This is a downsized raw frame and I have five shots with it in so I hope I can stack and sharpen it and bring out a bit more detail.

Also a fluke was that I was using a 2.5x Powermate and fast shutter speed at the time.

Mind you, with my imagination, chances are it's actually a sunspot!! :grin:

Thanks, all :) Jarrod, that is really cool that you saw it visually. I don't suppose I will get a second bit of luck any time soon!

I'm itching to see if it will stack and to process it, but the Moon is looking far too tempting out there! :laugh: :laugh:

Here's my attempt to sharpen up the shot a bit. The white light Sun itself stacked fine (though the image was a bit overexposed) but I struggled to sharpen up the ISS, so I have downsized the image. Still, it's the ISS, so I am very happy :)

13082277603_70cd0396ca_o.jpg

Thanks, all :) Jarrod, that is really cool that you saw it visually. I don't suppose I will get a second bit of luck any time soon!

It was one of those things I had just got the DMK and had my PST so thought I would try and catch the pass but since I had never used the two together I didn't give myself enough time to manage to suss the set up out first so as the time was approaching I gave up and decided to see it visually.

I caught it but jeez it was quick.

I check calsky sporadically for crosses, I think there was one today here even but you never see images of the minor satellites.

Here's my attempt to sharpen up the shot a bit. The white light Sun itself stacked fine (though the image was a bit overexposed) but I struggled to sharpen up the ISS, so I have downsized the image. Still, it's the ISS, so I am very happy :)

I think the ISS has sharpened considerably there, very well done. The Sun itself is impressive without the ISS.

That would be one I would print up and frame if I were you. :D

Hi folks,

Here's a final colour version, away from the actual area where I captured the space station. I thought it would be fun to extend the line of travel of the ISS from the five frames I had captured of it, to see if it passed somewhere interesting... According to the line I extended, the ISS passed nicely between the active regions AR11996 and AR12001 :) I've done my best to get it as spot on as possible.

13086845263_b0234233f9_c.jpg

A good excuse to do a colour version, as colour didn't seem to work on my previous image, with its blown out highlights. :rolleyes:

---
12:38pm, 9th March, 2014
ED120, Grasshopper 3 (ICX687), Baader Herschel Wedge, Solar Continuum filter

Archived