Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Sky at Night 9th March

C7tsj

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got to be honest and say I rather hope they do not.

Everyone will start thinking they can rivel Dameaon Peach and Nik Szymanek.

They did similar on the first Star Gazing Live, showed an image of Jupiter and said anyone can get images like this, they didn't point out that they used a 6" APM triplet, a cooled ccd and a fully guided mount - total cost £12000-£15000.

I read the details above as on BBC at 4:10pm. :eek: :eek:

Need better eyes. :grin: :grin:

I had to record it due to being at work, but I watched it about 3 hours later when I finished work. Again like last months I enjoyed it and liked the programs layout alot more than some of the episodes towards the end of last year.

I too am looking forward to next months episode. We just need the BBC to sort out the transmission data to allow our digiboxes to series link for recording.

Faulksy, keep an eye on the tv listings, last months episode was repeated shortly afterwards. If not theres always youview/bbc i-player to catch up on it

With all funds that the BBC has access to I wonder why they cannot afford a "steady cam". Am I alone in feeling queasy when the camera is joggling about all over the place?

BBC might think that it's arty - I just think that it's horrible!

If this continues I will have to stop watching. Shame.

Peter

Wobbly-cam has no place in a science / factual program. It may be arty / trendy / hip-and-happening man, but leave it to the arty types. Put camera on tripod and lock it down.

Wobbly-cam has no place in a science / factual program. It may be arty / trendy / hip-and-happening man, but leave it to the arty types. Put camera on tripod and lock it down.

I have just submitted a complaint to the BBC about the use of wobbly camera effects - I hope others do similar and then they might listen and take note.

Peter

It was a well polished programme again.

My wife was sat reading a book but occasionally looked up. She was in hysterics when they were playing the sounds back. I have to admit to laughing myself when Chris L played back that sound to the Dr in the last segment. You could tell she was waiting for something special, got herself all adjusted and ready for this amazing sound......the sound of the Big Bang!  Her reaction was priceless....."oh, it sounds like a car going by" and she was desperately trying not to laugh.   Awesome.  :laugh:

I have just submitted a complaint to the BBC about the use of wobbly camera effects - I hope others do similar and then they might listen and take note.

Peter

I fear there is very little hope of the BBC taking any notice, just look at the number of complaints about intrusive background music that they have ignored.

It was a well polished programme again.

My wife was sat reading a book but occasionally looked up. She was in hysterics when they were playing the sounds back. I have to admit to laughing myself when Chris L played back that sound to the Dr in the last segment. You could tell she was waiting for something special, got herself all adjusted and ready for this amazing sound......the sound of the Big Bang!  Her reaction was priceless....."oh, it sounds like a car going by" and she was desperately trying not to laugh.   Awesome.  :laugh:

and at that point I muttered to myself - only this 'nova' is a bit bigger and louder than the Vauxhall one :-)

I have to say I didn't like most of it. I don't understand why all programmes now have to tell you at the beginning what you are going to be seeing in the next half hour. Just get on with it.! It seemed very dumbed down. The people who watch it are enthusiasts anyway. We not need wobbly cameras. We do not need pictures of coffee machines to understand the concept of sound.  I like Chris Lintott but not Maggie Aderin-Pocock. I just can't get on with her voice and false enthusiasm.

I understand things have to change but why reduce things to the lowest common denominator?

Archived