Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Time Lapse help?

Hi all

im not really sure where to post this, but ive just started time lapse imaging. but I haven't a clue what program to use to actually put the images onto to create the video.

So can anyone suggest some programs for me? simple to use at first would be nice, im not bothered about adding music or effects etc, just putting the images into the program to create the video :)

Regards

Chris

VirtualDub will handle most images you produce and generate an avi for you, Microsoft movie maker is another one for very basic videos. Beyond that there are programmes like Premiere Elements or Pro and numerous other programmes that will take the images and process them for you.

If you are looking to shoot daylight timelapses you need to consider deflickering programmes or use manual aperture lenses or with Canons you can use a lens twist technique which locks the lens at a preset aperture. After the basics you need to look into more advanced techniques for sunrise and sunrise exposure ramping techniques

very simple : import images into windows movie maker. 

select the FPS you wish to run the movie at. hit publish to computer

you have a erm'ish ok'ish movie. 

not so easy but better, use virualdub, import your images set your frame speed.

preview it see if its to your like, save it and off you go. virtualdub also allows

you to resize the output video, adjust its settings, add filters, noise reduction, 

change various output things like brightness contrast saturation etc etc.

If your images are already sorted with the detail you want then I'd say just about any video editing program will do.

I personally prefer Adobe video products as you get more control and can put a lot of extras in, but I've also used Windows Movie Maker for a quick job and you may find many free programs like that will do more than you expect.

Archived