Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My son looks at the moon for the first time

Thanks everyone.....I managed to pull him away from the tablet to have a peek, I wasn't sure if I would get a reaction but I got my camera ready just in case. Afterwards I told him he could go back and play with the tablet but  said he wanted to look at the moon a little more....bonus ! :cool:

For a moment I thought that he got his nose stuck in the eyepiece! The moon is such a great object to observe, yes it's brightness at times can interfere with observing deep sky objects (DSO's) but I still think it's observation is worthwhile and very rewarding.

Hope your young apprentice gets the bug!

James

That's fantastic, Peter!

My son was all grown up before I got interested in astronomy so I didn't get the chance to do what you have just done. I'm sure he would have enjoyed it ten years ago, but now I would just get a blank stare, a shrug of the shoulders and some incomprehensible grunt as a response to the wonders of the universe :lol:

Archived