SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

1st imaging session - doh!

MartinB

Tried my new Toucam last night. couldn't get Saturn to appear on cam. Moved to the moon - too big to fit in but got some fair looking images. went back to Saturn - aha - need to set focus for the Toucam before swapping from EP. shows up well. Took some clips. good seeing on the last one. V pleased. About to pack away when saw Mars. Filmed that but not very good. Overall pretty pleased with myself. Looked at files on computer. Only one I could find was the one of Mars.

AGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Make mental note - need to name and save each clip or they will be overwritten :lol:

Martin

Nevermind Martin we'vw all done somthing similar

I had some great astro photos on my camera and accidentally deleted them before outtingthem onthe computer

You can use the Mars Avi as a test for your processing skills.

And you know your set up works

Cheers

Ian

I always found that getting the object on chip was the most frustrating part - it gets easier, though (slightly!!!!)

:lol:

Look foward to the results Martin

Green Imp - nice set of first images on your site :lol:

I always found that getting the object on chip was the most frustrating part - it gets easier, though (slightly!!!!)

:lol:

You'd warned me about that so I was ready for the problem. Actually for a long time I thought I was off target but what I found was that unless Saturn was well focused it wasn't visible on the screen. As soon as I set the focus on the scope for the toucam before I put it in I managed ok ish

Of course the images I got would have been outstanding and blown you away :lol: Hopefully I'll be able to present some fuzzy blobs before too long.

Martin

Of course the images I got would have been outstanding and blown you away

I have no doubt they would have been :lol:

Did you jump up and down with excitement when you saw it on screen for the first time...? I must confess I (nearly) did :?

Excellent :lol: :lol:

These are the ones you remember!!!

Incidentally, if you use K3 to capture the AVI's rather than the Phillips thingy, K3 will create new files for you automatically. Version 1 is free :lol:

Tip 2:

Set the video size to 640 x 480 and the frame rate to 15 while you are focussing / aligning. And turn on the red target as well.

When you are ready to record, change the file size back down to 320x240 (in the Video Menu, I think it's Format..), and the frame rate back down to 5.

its a little like binning in some way reducing the size , pixel wise more in , but i know for all that 680 is the best to stick with , seeing is something else i been doing saturn for 3 years now and have onlyb had one night of waht wee call good seeing for excellent results , so keep with it Martin .

Rog

Archived