SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M81

Shibby

Having got a filter wheel at last, I've been able to put the relatively new CCD to work.

Here's my go at M81. To be honest, I was hoping to go achieve more than this but the transparency was very poor that night (and I didn't use an LP filter), so that'll be my excuse this time! :)

24x600s luminance, Atik 428ex

41x300s colour, Canon 450D

gallery_5051_1080_278297.jpg

Thank you all! It'll be interesting to see what difference it might make to try again when the skies are darker.

I'd be very happy with that as well. Though what caused the rectangular star that just below M81?

I think the one you're talking about is the double star, just above the bright blue-ish one :) Also, the focuser drawtube takes a little nibble out of the brighter stars (you can see this on the right-hand-side of them).

Thank you all! It'll be interesting to see what difference it might make to try again when the skies are darker.

I think the one you're talking about is the double star, just above the bright blue-ish one :) Also, the focuser drawtube takes a little nibble out of the brighter stars (you can see this on the right-hand-side of them).

Ahhh, good call. I didnt notice the faint second set of spikes.

Too kind everyone, thanks. The 150PDS is a very capable scope I'd say, and the focuser seems to be coping with the extra weight no problem!

Rob, yeah I tried to orient the camera the same way as the SLR had been, got lucky :)

Archived