Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Blazar

Afocal mosaic attempt 5/3/2014

A very quick attempt at doing a mosaic from Afocal lunar shots. viewing was not the best, lots of intermittent fine cloud, but thought I would give it a go. Taken through a 25MM TAL Plossl, x2 Barlow (I think) wiha small handheld Sony Cybershot, then stitched together in MS ICE. will post up the other none mosaic shots as well in a minute. Thanks for looking.

gallery_27945_2469_5657044.jpg

• Like 4

Impressive work, Steve :smiley:

Thanks Luke. You have the Edge 8" don't you?....I am nearly there in terms of saving up for one....though then will need a camera as well...!

Someone's after a Tal on astro buy sell... Could get you a bit closer to the edge ...

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By wouterdhoye
      Second time I undertake this kind of endeavour. Many many movies were shot. Over 300Gb of data. Stitching was done by hand. in adobe Photoshop. 
      Equipment used: 
      CFF 300f//20 cassegrain
      ASI174MM with Astronomik proplanet807
      processing using Autostakkert, lynkeos and adobe photoshop.
      Image is a wee bit too large to add to post direclty. hence just the link.
      https://astrob.in/400728/0/
      Make sure to check out at full res.
      enjoy.
      Wouter.
    • By eshy76
      Hi everyone,
      A bit of an odd one aspect ratio wise, but fun to put together - first light for my new ASI294MC OSC and technically my first experimental attempt at a mosaic!
      My first stab at using the camera meant I went for 30 second subs, I need to experiment more to settle on my ideal sub length...still, the results are decent for a low integration time of 1.7 hours.
      I love the Orion constellation and if I had the skies and time, I would mosaic the whole thing, but failing that, I can do bits and pieces! Orion's Belt is amazing to me, the three stars, Alnitak, Alnilam and Mintaka, very distinctive in the night sky.
      Full details on Astrobin.
      Thanks for looking!

• By eshy76
      Hi everyone!
      The Tadpole Nebula and the Flaming Star Nebula captured over three nights of the unexpected nice weather we had a couple of weeks ago.
      A number of firsts with this image:
      1. My first mosaic - keeping it simple with two panes!
      2. First time I left my imaging rig outside... (I used a telegizmo cover) and it was perfect, allowing me to get imaging very quickly on each night
      3. First time using powerful scripting tools in my capture software, APT, to move to the second pane and starting imaging automatically...worked really well!
      APP was used for pre-processing and stitching the mosaic together, while Pixinsight was used for image processing. A total of 10.9 hours integration time.
      Full details on Astrobin
      Thanks for looking!

• By pshepp1890
      Hi everyone. So I'm looking to do some form of mosaic over the weekend. 
      Is it better to stack in mosaic mode in DSS or merge in photoshop? 
      And is there any other advice for me as this is mainly a learning evening for me so any tips would help. 
      Also do I need just 1 set of calibration frames or a set for each part of the mosaic. 
      Thanks, 
      Paul. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.