Narrowband

a few more dso,s tonight, loving this scope with the push to

faulksy

tried out hubbles variable nebula but failed :sad: but got the cone nebula :smiley:

next m60 nice

ngc 3632 a bit faint this galaxy, but conditions were quiet poor

failed a bit on this one, read about it in astr now sao 97645 split it in 2 with my 22mm t4 (72x) went up to (266x) with the delos but i couldnt see the 3rd star

tried ngc 2244 rosette but failed again tried this a few times now but keep failing, do you need oiii filter ?

next was AVDB i thought it was a very faint galaxy but turns out its a cluster, mag 14.4 ish so pretty pleased with that,

had a look at the leo triplet.eskimo neb,catseye could see the centre star, m82/81 and m13 ,m92, m51, and finiished with jupp, which was showing some bands but would take any power.thanks for reading :grin:

Great report Mike,just heading out here right now to a dark site-got lo try the Cone when no moon here,the Rosette which I saw for the first time the other night responded well to the OIII,maybe a UHC works well too.Never seen the Leo triplet,maybe tonight.Glad you got out!

The rosette is big mike, very big it's not so easy in large scopes because of this, they tend to look straight through it.

O-III helps a great deal on this too. I would say with an O-III it's doable with a big scope, without an O-III you'll want a RFT or bins to see it best.

In your 14" your best chance is with your 31mm T5 plus an O-III filter.

The rosette is big mike, very big it's not so easy in large scopes because of this, they tend to look straight through it.

O-III helps a great deal on this too. I would say with an O-III it's doable with a big scope, without an O-III you'll want a RFT or bins to see it best.

In your 14" your best chance is with your 31mm T5 plus an O-III filter.

ok that makes sence , i was using a 22mm and a 14mm, so i must of been looking through it, cheers steve and gerry

Good stuff Mike, I've never seen a lot of those either despite trying. Did catch the Leo triplet last weekend but I had to wait for the street lights to go out after 12 to see the faint one.

Good stuff Mike, I've never seen a lot of those either despite trying. Did catch the Leo triplet last weekend but I had to wait for the street lights to go out after 12 to see the faint one.

yes richard, we did see the leo triplet and last night, lovely, the fainter one was faint last night though

Nice report, Gerry.

The Leo droplets were the first galaxies I got with 130P in my backyard, only the Messier doublet though.

Sounds idyllic when skies permit. Talk about cold, though!!!!

Exactly the limit of what I can get with my 130P too, YKSE. Mag 11.0 an absolute limit from home but know it could do far more at a Bortle 2 site. Looking at Leo the other night I could only barely make out M65 but they were not very high in the sky and lots of humidity.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

ngc 3628 always a struggle for me compared to the m95/96 pair.  i managed the latter two a few nights back with the heritage , but no hint of the third.

great report sounds like a good evening mike.

Sounds idyllic when skies permit. Talk about cold, though!!!!

Exactly the limit of what I can get with my 130P too, YKSE. Mag 11.0 an absolute limit from home but know it could do far more at a Bortle 2 site. Looking at Leo the other night I could only barely make out M65 but they were not very high in the sky and lots of humidity.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Edit: not sure why my post which quoted YKSE's reply to a post by Jetstream about M51 spirals went to this thread, but no harm done. Must have been a glitch using Tapatalk! (Or user error). At any rate, both great reports and nice to see springtime galaxy fever has really taken hold! Clear skies everyone.

Archived