Narrowband

130pds Dark magic (M78)

Uranium235

Just finished processing this one, and its been tougher that I thought it would be! Its been given three hours in Lum (binned) and im only just starting to get any sort of noise reduction. It probably needs at least another couple of hours to get it just right. As to whether I add colour is another thing since tonight is probably the only fairly dark night left (moon on its way back). So if I can get enough time on it before it gets two low, we will see.

Dust isnt something I normally go for due to my location, but with the new found speed of the 130 - I thought it might be worth a try. Not sure if its a good result by SGL standards, but at least I got something! :)

M78:

18x600 (L) 2x2bin

130pds, Atik 383L+, NEQ6

Setpoint: -30

Sampling rate: 3.4" p/p

Thanks for looking! :)

Rob

12936956565_1e1bbd6b20_b.jpg

Absolutely lovely Rob, it seems that you are really enjoying the 130 PDS now. On a personal note I think that tonigt I managed to get the flange to chip distance of the MPCCIII correct for a filterwheel , Astronomik RGB filters Atik 314L+ and the 150PDS, it is about 56.5mm. I have to wait till I process the subs but @ 300% on NEB3 the stars look round even in the corners the acid test is the DSLR though.  

Regards,

A.G

Absolutely lovely Rob, it seems that you are really enjoying the 130 PDS now. On a personal note I think that tonigt I managed to get the flange to chip distance of the MPCCIII correct for a filterwheel , Astronomik RGB filters Atik 314L+ and the 150PDS, it is about 56.5mm. I have to wait till I process the subs but @ 300% on NEB3 the stars look round even in the corners the acid test is the DSLR though.  

Regards,

A.G

56.5 sounds about right for you, but being as you have the 314 its chip size should give you a quite bit of breathing space in regard to the size of your corrected field. DSLR may be a bit trickier, that is the point where you find out whether your field is tipped or collimaiton is off slightly - thats if youre looking for round stars to the corners!

Ive got an M51 in the oven now, but its getting a little late so I will process that one sometime over the next couple of days.

56.5 sounds about right for you, but being as you have the 314 its chip size should give you a quite bit of breathing space in regard to the size of your corrected field. DSLR may be a bit trickier, that is the point where you find out whether your field is tipped or collimaiton is off slightly - thats if youre looking for round stars to the corners!

Ive got an M51 in the oven now, but its getting a little late so I will process that one sometime over the next couple of days.

Thanks Rob, I have bought a used QHY8 the square one, will have to give it a go one night. Tonight I was on M109, doing an LRGB have to pack it up again because of  clouds, only managed the R and the G. I also used the PHD 2.1 for the first time and the guiding was spot on, shame about the clouds rolling in.

Regards,

A.G

Thanks Fay, it probably just looks like a bunch of black blobs at the moment. But if I can get some colour into it, then it should become clearer what is dust and what is clean space.

Hmmm... maybe Ive too many pies in the oven at the moment, and I should just concentrate on one thing at a time (never easy!).

Archived