Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Is a Bresser 70mm at £40 worth it?

38 minutes ago, Alan White said:

Resurrection shuffle, 10 years old thread, wow.|

I wonder if the OP actually purchased the said scope in 2008?

He posted to say he got it for £30 ?

I have one I use for solar with permanent Baader film in the dewshield.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This thread is now probably of more interest to an antiques enthusiast or an archaeologist or something.  ?

Bresser used to be part of Meade from 1999 until  2009 then parted ways and are now seperate companies.. Bresser have become s big name in their own right. 

3 hours ago, John said:

Prior to 1999 Bresser was a family owned import business:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bresser

One of my early telescopes was a Bresser Uranus which was a re-branded version of the excellent Vixen SP102M, complete with Skysensor GOTO system. This was back in the late 1980's, or BC as I call it (Before Children) :smiley:

bresseruranus.jpg

Wait , they had GOTO systems 30 years ago !?!

Nice old school refractor by the way ?

35 minutes ago, Red Dwarfer said:

Wait , they had GOTO systems 30 years ago !?!

Nice old school refractor by the way ?

I think Vixen's Skysensor was one of the 1st commercial ones. Not very user friendly to be honest with you :rolleyes2:

On 30/01/2008 at 20:12, Becky said:

I bought one from Lidl a few weeks ago. I thought it was great looking at the moon with it. It's my first scope, so I can't compare it with anything. I haven't seen anything cool like nebulae through it yet, but the pleiades is definately worth a look.

I just came in from looking at mars through it. I couldn't see much detail, but it was quite clear that it was a planet and not a star. Another world! Wow! I struggled to focus using the highest mag eyepiece(x175), but my 58x one was good. There was a bit of colour around the disc, blue on one side red on the other. I'm a complete newbie, but I think there is a slight colour problem you can get with cheap telescopes.

Peace and Clear Skies.

Becky.

Blue blur one side of a planet and red blur the other side is caused by atmospheric chromatic aberration; you usually see this problem when planets are low like they are this year for Northern observers.

Archived