Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M42 with Newton 150/750mm

Chrisj

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is a very nice M42 indeed. The more subtle colours are typical of an unmodified DSLR but what makes your image stand out from the crowd is the beautifully 'muted' appearance of the image but with such a lot of detail being captured - a testimony to the 2 hours of exposure and therein lies the key! Beautiful ......

Welcome To SGL Chris. That is one very fine Image.

You worked hard on it 32 3-minute subs with dark frames, bias frames and flat-field frames .

You put the effort in, you get the right result. A very splendid outcome.

I can't wait to see the montage you are working on.

Ron. :D

Yes you are quite right Steve. The Newton telescope I bought "only" costs 300 euros and my camera is a basic Canon 300D you can buy second-hand for another 300 euros or less. My budget was very limited.

The Newton telescope was not optically adjusted when it arrived and I had problems understanding what to do exactly. Fortunately a friend of mine has much more knowledge than I have in telescope adjustment and he helped me a lot.

Maybe that's the problem with Newton telescopes: their price is right but you have to adjust them and regularly check their adjustment.

Archived