Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

mince!

Epicyclus Dave

Blue sky at finishing time after work , loaded car up and drove to remote site ,sky clear as a whistle, set up mount/ scope/ guider/ laptop , polar align , focus , test shot at iso 3200 ,sky still amazing, all well so far , start image run.........thin cloud everywhere , ayieee , then thicker cloud comes along , mince!. 

This happens to me a couple of times a year , I guess I thought it might be the first good clear night since January and I was loading the car up at 6:30PM like "supermarket sweep" trolly dash :D .  

Nevermind , at least my optics got some fresh air :)

Next time

Hehehe

Dave.

Happens us visuallers too. Two nights out of three have been very good here. On Sunday the sky looked gorgeous, pardoned myself from the Sunday evening slouching and wheeled the mightly LB outside. Lined up the Telrad, went into the garage for the EP case and heard a noise. I was momentarily confused until I gazed outside. Within moments the skies were piddling down. Had to grab anything to cover the scope as I hoped it was brief. Gave up on that and wheeled the baby back in. Looked out 5 minutes later and it was like a dream. Did it really rain? Wheeled it out again and got 3 lovely hours of observing in. Funny old world

Barry

Archived