I.O.W Star Party

Davey-T

Hi all,

Just returned from the I.O.W. Star Party and have to say really had a great time.

Well organized by Stephen, he even provided two clear nights, had some great views  through someones Lunt Solar scope, made my wallet back away in horror but I feel the need for one even more strongly now :)

Had superb view of M42  and Orions Sword, photographs are all well and good showing nice colours but the view through my WO 110 FLT and Nagler 31mm T5 was something to behold, the stars really did look like jewels glittering on a velvet background with the ghostly shape of the nebula clearly visible in the center, a memorable sight, makes South London LP even more depressing.

Ah well back down to Earth and NB imaging. 

Dave  :sad:  

Didn't even realise it was on.skies her in gosport have been half decent the last few nights.only viewed once from the IOW and th milky way was the most visible I've ever seen it but was on a campsite so passers by with torches really spoiled it so put the scope away after half an hour.when I move down here full time and get the scope finished I want to do more IOW viewing

Archived