Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Northampton Astronomical Society

Northampton Astronomical Society

31 January 2008 (Thursday), 7.00–11.00 pm: Open House, at the Yeoman of England, Wootton, Northampton.

Exhibits; rolling slide-show; come and go as you please (no entrance fee); good food, ales and wines (to be paid for by yourselves); details and location map on the Society’s website:

http://www.northamptonastronomicalsociety.org

Hi there, I am a complete novice so would i be out of my depth coming along or do you have a mixture of experienced people in your group.

I have only took this up in the last few months but I'm looking to join a club in order to learn more.

thanks

Lukeyboy

Luke

The short answer is no, you would not be out of your depth. This is exactly the reason societies exist - to enable you to get the most out of your hobby.

You will find them very welcoming I'm sure!!

Daz is correct. It is common among those new to astronomy to be reticent about attending society meetings. This is one of the reasons why Northampton Astronomical Society, in addition to more formal meetings, has a monthly Open House, presenting an opportunity to meet informally in relaxed surroundings and to come and go as you please. What better place than a licenced victualler’s public house? Good food, ales and wines, astronomical exhibits, and an automated PowerPoint show. We shall be at the Yeoman of England, Wootton, on Thursday evening, 31 January, and will welcome anyone who cares to join us.

ram@hamal.demon.co.uk

http://www.northamptonastronomicalsociety.org

Archived