SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Jupiter GRS 01/03/2014

catman161

Mount: NEQ6 Pro Scope: SW 200P Camera: ASI120MC Accessories: TV 2x Powermate

It really wasn't my night last night, poor seeing, intermittent cloud, laptop playing up-the list goes on but it was nice to get out and I did a bit of visual too which calmed me down after the imaging saga :)

Below is the best of a terrible bunch of 16 avis from the 01/03/2014. 2000 of 3000 frames using a ZWO ASI120MC captured with Sharpcap 2 and stacked in AS!2 after being put through PIPP, wavelets in Registax 5.1 and processing in PSCS2

The focus is off which is annoying, but I found the conditions so bad that the tiniest of increments meant you were either as focused (as could be) or entirely out of focus. Oh well there's always another night. Now that I have bought the 4x powermate I am looking forward to a clear weekend night to have a go at Mars.

Not my finest hour so please be gentle :) I may have a re-process or two as I have overdone the blue I think

12882546535_94c2343cb7_o.png
Jupiter 01_03_2014 22_21_58 by Gattouomo161, on Flickr

It looks fine to me, plenty of detail showing.  I know what you mean about focus though, I seem to struggle too.  We just need one night of nice steady seeing - mind you, we will all probably be in bed, fast asleep, after spending so many late nights fighting the bad conditions of late! :laugh:

Angie

It looks fine to me, plenty of detail showing. I know what you mean about focus though, I seem to struggle too. We just need one night of nice steady seeing - mind you, we will all probably be in bed, fast asleep, after spending so many late nights fighting the bad conditions of late! :laugh:

Angie

Thanks Angie :) sometimes it is easier than others to get focus but last night was tantamount to just plain guess work most of the time! Oh well there will always be more clear nights-hopefully :)

Interested to see how the 4x powermate does... I am venturing into AP with my 200p. Love your images Catman!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. They are not the finest of images but I am learning each time I do it. So many factors!

Very good detail in that shot. Colour balance may be a bit blue, but that could easily be changed (if desired)

Totally agree, I actually said I'd overdone the blue in my original post :) think I will give it another go tomorrow and adjust the channels.

It really wasn't my night last night, poor seeing

Fantastic pic for poor seeing!

I was itching to have a go on that night too, but saw that the jet stream was picking up a bit so stayed in. Wish I had a go now considering your image!

Tonight's Jet stream looks promising, just needs to be clear and calm at our level.

Dan

Archived