SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Thanks guys, now getting somewhere at last! My first DSO

Thanks for all the help from the folk on here tonight went much better and well I didn't polar align as I still couldn't see polaris but I did 1 star align capella and then manually adjusted then went to M42 (and had to manually adjust again) but still it all worked in live view on my DSLR and this is my first DSO photo...only a single frame 30s but you must all remember that feeling of when you first pressed the shutter on a pretty empty black screen waited 30 seconds and then WOW!

Much to learn much to improve but at least I finally got to take a photo :D I know I shoiuld have posted this in image section but I just wanted to thank everyone who helped me with the equipment (and my brain) issues!

IMG_5707.jpg

Congrats. I really wish our eyes were sensitive enough to pick out colours like that .

We nearly can....with some generous aperture in a very dark sky...

That's a great first effort, jjqpr, you must be proud of it.

I'm jealous, I don't have a telescope yet, I'm still looking, but I would be more than happy if I got an image like that. Congrats. Mary

Thanks for the comments folks :) Mary this wasn't using a telescope just a normal digital camera on my mount :)

Hi, didn't realise it was (only) the camera. I have a Canon EOS 450D DSLR, will have to get the tripod out and see if I can get some photos of the moon etc.

Archived