Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Equinox 80 focus issues

Hi. I have the Skywatcher Equinox 80, which is a stunning scope. However, when loaded with a DSLR and Field Flatenner, the focus tube does not lock in place with the inadequate thumbscrew. This causes problems when imaging object near the zenith.

Is anyone aware of a solution to this problem? I wondered if there was an aftermarket solution anywhere? It's the only flaw in the scope that I have.

I had the same problem. I thought the thumb screw was it the right but and tightened it as much as i could to no avail. There is actually an allen bolt that is right next to the thumb screw but is sunken in. This is the one you need to tighten. You dont need much for just a dslr and FF. I've had to tighten mine a lot for my CCD and filter wheel though. 

The focuser is the weakest part on most of the telescopes except for the high end one and even then people tend to swap them out for upgrades.

Archived