Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Wow it's massive

petergc

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't worry it will look small after a year when you get your heart set on an EQ8 or Paramount!  This was the first goto mount for a lot of us and I think even after an EQ5, we all went Oh my god! that is huge.

And you have all the tinkering to come...Strip down and hyper-tune, belt drive conversion, new ADM saddle...etc.

I've built it up and put it in place of the eq3-2. I'm going to play a game, it's called "let's see how long it take the wife to see that the new one has arrived"

She already knows how much it cost, thanks the blooming bank ringing the house after me ordering it for a security check. And of course I was at work (face palm)

My God, if it guaranteed a divorce sales would quadruple overnight. When my wife found out how much I spent on my new mount I became the fastest accelerated man made object to leave the earth since New Horizon!

My God, if it guaranteed a divorce sales would quadruple overnight. When my wife found out how much I spent on my new mount I became the fastest accelerated man made object to leave the earth since New Horizon!

That's about how fast I left the atmosphere. I was going to tell here about the upgraded OTA but I figure if I get one that's the same colour she won't notice :)

With all this talk of Divorce I think I must be one of the luckiest AAs around?

We live in France, my wife earns the big buck working for a large US Corp.  I am a house husband, I do all the cleaning, cooking and any other domestics, so that is the deal we have.  We use what she earns to run the house, pay the bills, go on holiday and other sundries.

I work from home running my own small web design business.  So after the work is done around the house and I have done a few hours work on a site, I get to tinker with my setup and all the money I earn we split down the middle for treats of our own choosing.  She buys clothes and whatever and I buy...well I will let you guess?

It is AA perfection! Well apart from the hideous weather of course.

Sbooder that sounds like heaven on Earth. I would have no problems being a house husband.

Tinker1947 I have my 3yr old daughter on my side. She saw a picture of one, asks me "daddy what's that". I told her and she replied. I want one of those. :)

Sbooder that sounds like heaven on Earth. I would have no problems being a house husband.

Tinker1947 I have my 3yr old daughter on my side. She saw a picture of one, asks me "daddy what's that". I told her and she replied. I want one of those. :)

You sholud invoke a house vote on building a Obby or Not, your gonna win...:)))

With all this talk of Divorce I think I must be one of the luckiest AAs around?

We live in France, my wife earns the big buck working for a large US Corp.  I am a house husband, I do all the cleaning, cooking and any other domestics, so that is the deal we have.  We use what she earns to run the house, pay the bills, go on holiday and other sundries.

I work from home running my own small web design business.  So after the work is done around the house and I have done a few hours work on a site, I get to tinker with my setup and all the money I earn we split down the middle for treats of our own choosing.  She buys clothes and whatever and I buy...well I will let you guess?

It is AA perfection! Well apart from the hideous weather of course.

You are very lucky. I wish I was a stay at home housewife. Alas...

Currently have an evostar 120. However I want to upgrade to a SW ED80 and I will be attaching guide scope, and piggy backing my DSLR. This is pure future thinking money was there and all imaging starts with a solid mount :)

Got mine about a month ago and thought exactly the same and I've been using a celestial 5se and mount and was jumping around like a kid when I set the neq6 up lol

Archived