Best widefield for a skyliner 200p dob.....

Solar_observer

Just 're read what I've written. I apologize for not going into the serious detail and tech info of what I saw and my findings and I'm not very good with written detail. It's not one of my strong points,I'm afraid.

Clear skies to you all :-)

Don't need to be technical matey, you got your experience with the eyepiece and what you managed to view through it down , and I feel your excitement in reading the post .

Sounds like a corker .

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
She wasn't so keen on the tightness of the orthoscopic when she tried it. If course you have to use that opportunity and immediately say.

Right, that's gonna cost ya if you want the other solution  :laugh: 

This 'other solution' comment resonates here with me.  I have 'blind tested' lunar views through different eyepieces on friends.  The wow moments come at times where the eye relief is generous.  Without knowing anything about the equipment they seem to choose the more expensive views, this in turn makes me realize there is a certain justification for the premium.  Personally i think tight eye relief eyepieces are great and I love the sharp views over smaller fields (I don't wear glasses right now).  When my dad takes a look, and I stand to his side watching him straining to see anything worth while while I am raving on about the great view its hard to take and seems worth the extra cost of the 'other solution'.  Sharing the views is very important to me as it ignites my enthusiasm for why I do it.  Also we should accept our eyes degrade with age and the more expensive solution may be the only way at some point.  I don't see why anyone should feel guilty about buying the best they can afford.  Its essential to make the most of your gear but also remembering to have fun and not allowing the guilt trips to set in because of the cost. 

Glad to see people enjoying what they buy........ :laugh:

Just a thought but considering I now own a 28mm nirvana,is there really any need for my 24mm maxvision? Not much difference in mag and nirvana a lot better fov. If I Barlow the 24mm it basically becomes my 12mm bst. What do ppl think?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Archived