Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

.....another Saturn :)

Kokatha man

Here's a WinJupos version of a Saturn I captured last Sunday after the Mars I posted (NOT the "Mars & Saturn" thread just to be clear...this was at the same time as the "from the graveyard" Mars :)) - I didn't post the "classic" 6 minute total rgb shoot at the time but a compilation of 25 minutes (or 3 rgb sets) turned out much better: here it is although not as good as the "classic" I also posted from a week earlier than the others...along with Polar projections in rgb & iR742nM and a 2-frame animation of iR images - it is getting quite easy to image the dark spot which is the polar vortex at the centre of the North Polar Hex but we hope to do much better with rgb nearer opposition - all things willing! :)

post-3551-0-53541100-1393584644_thumb.pn

post-3551-0-95030400-1393584667_thumb.pn

post-3551-0-95513900-1393584701_thumb.pn

post-3551-0-79304300-1393584725_thumb.gi

Thanks everyone - the positive replies are most appreciated! :)

We're leaving in about an hour for another couple of days imaging.....hope to get some more Mercury images to add to our first successful foray into recording albedo markings last October...

That time it was from a hot desert in the afternoon Sun with a warm scope and Mercury much lower in the sky.....it's a morning target now - still air, cold scope, bigger, higher...but you know what they say about "if wishes were fishes..." :)

Thanks fellas.....both Saturn & Mars have been slowly climbing in the sky over the last few years - 4 years ago in 2010 Saturn wasn't proving to be terribly photogenic for us - I can still clearly remember being out on the old oval at Palmer in the freezing cold (Oz-wise! :grin: ) trying to get something half-acceptable.....it was when the rings were basically edge-on.

Mars was only culminating at 30 degrees down here that year - it was the year my Old Man died and a couple of months before (December 2009) I remember looking at this pinkish blob through the C11 & DBKAU... and thinking "how the heck do you get anything out of this little blob?!?"   :confused:  :rolleyes: 

But by apparition's end we had actually pulled one very nice image (around opposition naturally!) and it would've been good to have shown my Old Man but he'd passed away at the end of January that year.....he was a bit of a photography-nut himself! :)

Archived